Honored Contributor

Well the opening of The Talk was awkward. They said Julie has stepped away from the show to be with her family. The comments from Sharon, Sara, and Eve have in my opinion broken the friendship with Julie that will never be mended. The women were in a tough spot, Julie is their friend, but what her husband has been accused of is horrendous. I think Julie won't be back, either CBS will let her go or she will quit. The women think the show could be cancelled, I'm sure they will find other work, but I will feel bad for Sheryl as she has a mentally challenged sister she takes care of.

Honored Contributor

That's interesting.  I'm recording it right now because I wondered if Julie would be there and what would be said.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

That's interesting.  I'm recording it right now because I wondered if Julie would be there and what would be said.

@NickNack, I'm sorry if I ruined it for you. After you watch we can discuss!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack, I'm sorry if I ruined it for you. After you watch we can discuss!

@Jordan2  You didn't ruin it at all!  I wouldn't have opened the thread if I hadn't wanted to know.  I'll come back after I've watched it later today.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season Of The Talk

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2

Don't feel sorry for Sheryl. She also does stand-up comedy and after 8 full seasons

of this show, hopefully has a secure future. She and the others could probably 

find more work but it is the people behind the scenes that may not. Just like

what happened with Roseanne well now The Conners.

Thought the ladies made the best out of the situation as they could.

Julie and Les have a young son. That is sad for him too as he gets older and has to

understand all of this.

Respected Contributor

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  It's not on until 1pm here, so I set it to record, out of curiosity.

The mention of Sheryl reminded me of the main reason I stopped watching after season one.    She's just too much for me.  I liked Aisha  a lot, from previous gigs and because she's very smart and funny, but the whole thing with dropping LR and HRP seemed so bad that I quit.  When I looked back in one day and saw the lady in Leah's old seat I was just aghast and left again.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I give the women a lot of credit for expressing exactly what they think with no sugar coating.  Very difficult poisition to be in.  And I agree with @Jordan2.  I don't know how Julie Chen can come back to the show after today.

Esteemed Contributor

I made a point to watch today.The ladies were very dignified.They all expressed  their love for Julie but at the same time spoke of how inappropriate Les Moonves’s behavior was!!  Sharon was particularly pained & appeared to be fighting back tears.I don’t think Julie will be back.I think the show might be saved with Sarah at the helm.

I wonder how much Julie knew about her husband.He apparently went off the rails pretty consistently over a 20 year period.She met him on the job.Maybe she went along with his advances . Who knows!!

Honored Contributor

Have these things been (allegedly) happening with him DURING his marriage to Julie?