Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if there is a thread on this, just wondering is anyone watching? I think this is the second season, I didn't love the first one, but once I'm in I'm in, good or bad! What a family this is! The father isn't happy unless he has all four of his adult children at each other's throats (he pits them against each other). Kendall is a shell of himself, his father carries his you know whats in his pocket! He dangles taking over the company to Shiv, I don't think he will ever hand the company over to  her (because she's a woman). Shiv's husband Tom wanted to run the company, but being a son-in-law I don't get why he thought he had a shot. They treat their cousin Greg (?) like garbage, if I were him I'd get out while I could. During a meeting  Logan said to unplug Alexa, he didn't want  Jeff Bezos spying on him!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season Of Succession

@Jordan2 , I am watching it as well if there is nothing else.  Dysfunctional is an understatement.  Not the best series is it?  LM

Respected Contributor

Im watching too.  Im "eh" about it. But nothing is really on the same time.  

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm not sure if there is a thread on this, just wondering is anyone watching? I think this is the second season, I didn't love the first one, but once I'm in I'm in, good or bad! What a family this is! The father isn't happy unless he has all four of his adult children at each other's throats (he pits them against each other). Kendall is a shell of himself, his father carries his you know whats in his pocket! He dangles taking over the company to Shiv, I don't think he will ever hand the company over to  her (because she's a woman). Shiv's husband Tom wanted to run the company, but being a son-in-law I don't get why he thought he had a shot. They treat their cousin Greg (?) like garbage, if I were him I'd get out while I could. During a meeting  Logan said to unplug Alexa, he didn't want  Jeff Bezos spying on him!

Tom doesn't have a shot because he's a moron.

Esteemed Contributor

Watch it with husband. Last year we renamed the show, 7 Deadly Sins .... there's enough arrogance and pride and excess to cover all the sins ... let's see ... pride, envy, wrath, gluttony, lust, sloth, and greed. I'd like to see the final episode written so simple cousin Greg is selected to run the company. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I watched last season but none of the characters seemed that interesting.  I've been meaning to catch up on Homealnd and Billions, so if I have time I'll watch that instead I think.  Let me know if it gets good.

Honored Contributor

Last night there were gun shots, the first man running was Tom ( he would have pushed out the women and children out of the lifeboats on the Titanic)! He's put in a "panic room" which seemed like just a room, not the panic room Logan and Shiv were in. I felt sorry for Kendall he seems suicidal. Logan is stringing Shiv along, he will never turn over control of the company to her. Nice to see Greg has a spine, he's blackmailing Tom!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that was funny when Tom ran through the halls while running to secured room - executives coming through - or something like that. I do think cousin Greg has the best 'core.' I know the adult children all have the same dad but I've lost track of how many birth mothers were involved.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

A radio station I listen to, they discussed how much they love this show. My WW leader loves the show too. I watch, but I don't love it. Logan is some father, his love comes with conditions, also I don't think he will ever turn control of the company to Shiv. Last night he couldn't agree Shiv would run the company as a condition of purchasing a company he wanted, he walked away.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished viewing most recent show - recorded. These aren't life characters I like but there is a story here. It's about 1% of society who are fragile, obscene and ill-prepared to live genuine lives. There's nothing the aging tycoon father, with failed marriages, can do about it at his station in life - but his disgust for himself and his children is obvious. Lavish and unguarded lifestyles come at a cost to health, family intimacy and genuine living. Each episode conveys this.

It's difficult to watch at times but the writing is good.