Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season Of Succession

[ Edited ]

I just discovered this series over the past couple of weeks....just happened to come across it On Demand...I just finished the first Season...I had a hard time with it at first but, like @Jordan2 , I stayed with it.

I had no idea that Season 2 had started until I saw this thread, so I'm headed off to catch up!

I enjoyed reading all of your posts and recaps.

I don't think Greg is as innocent or naive as he is portrayed...He is taking everything in and playing everyone and I think he may just end up being the victor in all of this mess!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

The father (Logan) is a real horror, I don't think he cares about anyone but himself. He treats his grown adult children horribly, last night he struck Roman so hard across his face, he lost a tooth. Not a tear will be shed when he dies.

Honored Contributor

I thought Shiv was smarter than to think Holly Hunter's character was helping her out with a job opportunity. She wants to run Logan's company and may want to get into his bed!

Honored Contributor

I KNEW IT, the last couple of minutes of the show! The season finale was a top notch episode.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:
I KNEW IT, the last couple of minutes of the show! The season finale was a top notch episode.

@Jordan2...About halfway through this Season, I had just about had it with this family...What a mess they all are!...lol

However, I found myself still recording it and wanting to know what happens next.

I agree, last night's episode was one heck of a Wow finale!

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2...About halfway through this Season, I had just about had it with this family...What a mess they all are!...lol

However, I found myself still recording it and wanting to know what happens next.

I agree, last night's episode was one heck of a Wow finale!

@MyShadowLove this wasn't my favorite show, but it has grown on me. The father Logan is some piece of work, a parent who doesn't love their children unconditionally, they have to fight each other for approval. Shiv surprised me, her feelings for Tom, he may want out of the marriage ( she also kind of threw her brother to the wolves to save Tom) I didn't think she cared very deeply for Tom. I have to say, I think Roman is my favorite of the mess of a family!

Respected Contributor

I felt the first season more or less introduced the characters.  This second season has been spectacular.

Respected Contributor

Only just watched my recording of last episode and what a finale!  Wow just loved it.  What a messed-up ‘family’ but they kind of grow on you!

Anyone know when the next series starts?

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Only just watched my recording of last episode and what a finale!  Wow just loved it.  What a messed-up ‘family’ but they kind of grow on you!

Anyone know when the next series starts?

@dulwich ...I checked online and it definitely has been renewed for Season 3....No date of exactly when but, since both Season 1 and 2 premiered during the Summer, it most likely will be next Summer also.

Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone thinking this? Logan announced it would be his neck on the chopping block early in the show. Logan smiled while watching his son set him up at the media event. I think he enjoyed making everyone squirm, all the time knowing he was setting himself up to take the fall. Logan told his son he wasn't a killer. I think he did that so his son would expose him. Logan reached for the other side of the empty bed and said he missed Marcia. I wonder if Logan is weary and is glad he'll be out of the rat race.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau