Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Did anyone else see Dave Chappelle's opening monologue last night?  Mention of the controversial subject matter here would get me banned for life.  I suspect it will be discussed in various media outlets tomorrow.     

@deepwaterdotter I watched, did you notice he was smoking, I thought you couldn't smoke in buildings. Also they weren't live last night, there was a notice it was recorded earlier. I have a feeling due to the late start of the show ( nearly a half hour) and what was going on in the streets, they probably thought let's be on the side of caution and get this done early.

Honored Contributor

I also thought it was odd and distracting that he was smoking while doing his very long monologue. Certainly controversial !!!

Respected Contributor

Because of the football game, missed the first sketch and monologue.  Will watch on the website.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

DC is that type of guest that gets special privileges.

What was controversial to me was that Dave was wearing a custom fit suit, & tie, looking like he didn't have time to change out of his blinding white Nike's during his monologue.   Not his smoking.

Seen him in person several times in.  He is a chain smoker & NEVER ever in a suit & tie.  He's either in jeans or a work type jumpsuit.

I also noted while Dave was spewing his monologue, there was NO social distancing in the audience "on the floor" either.  Maybe those folks were "family members?

Social distancing in the balcony though.  Those folks were spread all out!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

He did look good in that suit - But, yes, thumbs down to the smoking.

Esteemed Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

He did look good in that suit - But, yes, thumbs down to the smoking.

@LyndaGee That's Dave's thing - I've seen several interviews with him. Just like with Sean Penn- they're always puffing away (unfortuantely).

Honored Contributor

Did not care for Dave Chapelle or his opening monolouge at all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can't wait for Saturday, BRUCE is the musical guest! I was wondering where Aidy Bryant was, she is filming her HULU show Shrill.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Season Of SNL

[ Edited ]

Two funny bits from the show. First, the opening sketch in the courtroom, Chloe Fineman testifies as Nicole Kidman from The Undoing ( a great impression she also does Drew Barrymore).She's asked " Where is your accent suppose to be from", she replies "the Upper East Side of Australia"! Second, the video of adult children telling their parents they weren't coming home for Christmas, the parents didn't take it well!

Honored Contributor

"After David"

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif