Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Jim Carrey looked more like Kirk Douglas than the former VP.

I agree, it must be a difficult imitation to nail down.  

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I thought the first hour was pretty good, and then it went downhill from there.  But, that often happens.  Good to see it back and it will be on for four more weeks in a row,

I have always thought the first hour was better, if you missed the other half hour no big deal. I always liked Jason Sudeikis' portrayal of Biden, even if it wasn't spot on it was funny.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@LyndaGee 

There is no Cecile, do you mean Cecily Strong

@LyndaGee wrote:

I agree the Drew parody was spot on.  Chloe nailed it!  Funny how Cecile always plays people who yell!!  Also found the sketch about the people with embarrassing names very funny.  All in all, I enjoyed the show.  Some new cast members, I see.

I realized I misspelled her name, but was too lazy to return and correct it.  Sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@LyndaGee 

There is no Cecile, do you mean Cecily Strong

@LyndaGee wrote:

I agree the Drew parody was spot on.  Chloe nailed it!  Funny how Cecile always plays people who yell!!  Also found the sketch about the people with embarrassing names very funny.  All in all, I enjoyed the show.  Some new cast members, I see.

I realized I misspelled her name, but was too lazy to return and correct it.  Sorry.

LOL - I didn't bother to look her name up when I used it before and assumed yours was correct when I saw it!!  At any rate, am happy to see she hasn't left although ew.com said that she wasn't actually in the studio.

Honored Contributor
@LyndaGee. IMO most of us knew who you meant. I haven't watched the show much in years but I knew who you meant. No need to apologize; everyone here makes mistakes/typos/ or has tech auto "corrections" . The vast majority of us usually figure out what was intended.
Respected Contributor

Thank you, Pearley.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee  "Also found the sketch about the people with embarrassing names very funny."

I thought that skit was the funniest of the show.

I almost busted a rib in the first skit when Jim Carey pulled out the remote!837514213.gif

Nice touch that the whole audiance were 1st responders.

RG was in the audiance too. Smiley LOL  Nice touch.

No social distancing on stage at the end though everyone was masked uped, except for Chris Rock.  When he stopped talking he pulled his mask right UNDER his nose. doh.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I only watched the opening skit and, like @Alter Ego, I said the same thing.....Jim Carrey seemed to be playing Jim Carrey.  Big mistake changing from the other actor.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: New Season Of SNL

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
"You know who ? As if we don't know who you mean? You may as well name him.

Can posters do that here and not get banned?

@deepwaterdotter , they can do it without getting banned but most of the time the thread will get deleted for being political.

That aside, I thought the opening skit was funny but as others have said, Carrey as Biden didn't really work for me because he just seemed to be playing Jim Carrey.

I also thought Chris Rock's opening monologue was terrible.  I fell asleep shortly after so didn't see much else.   

Honored Contributor

I get emails from the Today Show. Well today there was a story about SNL with a short clip.  "Kate McKinnon tribute to RBG after Weekend Update. She was seen sitting in the audience. Placed her hand on her heart and bowed her head to acknowledge her". It was sweet, but I have to say I didn't noticed it when I watched the show, but I don't always pay attention fully.