Honored Contributor

I just saw a very short clip SNL put out, Jim Carrey and Maya Rudolph getting ready with their wigs and clothes, Alec Baldwin isn't in the clip.

Honored Contributor

Last night we watch the Premier episode on Peacock, and it is still funny, they lost their course for a few years and I am glad to see they are still on the air

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I just read, with the events of today, SNL may make changes to the show, some things may not be so funny now.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just read, with the events of today, SNL may make changes to the show, some things may not be so funny now.

I'm glad to read this. Regardless of anyone's political views, I hope they portrayed all skits wth good natured humor. I started to watch it and fell asleep (good thing for dvr's)! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season Of SNL

[ Edited ]

Other than to say I think Jim Carrey was playing Jim Carrey more than anyone else, will keep politics out of my comments.

I felt there was something “off” with the episode. Watched the entire thing and, other than Drew Barrymore, I didn’t think it was very good. But, I just read a summary and thought maybe it wasn’t as bad as I thought? Name change, for example, may have been infantile, but I’m sure I must have snickered once? Someone in the comments mentioned timing and maybe that was it. Hopefully next week will be better as they settle in.

Since there were no summer announcements, wasn't a surprise that Cicely Strong was still on - it was a huge rumor that she was leaving last year (with last season’s finale showing everyone literally waving goodbye to her). Wonder if covid caused her to stay? (But again, all rumor)

I don’t know about anyone else, but it was so weird to me to see Jost and Che sitting so close together after months of watching my local news teams sitting so far apart.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

Other than to say I think Jim Carrey was playing Jim Carrey more than anyone else, will keep politics out of my comments.

I felt there was something “off” with the episode. Watched the entire thing and, other than Drew Barrymore, I didn’t think it was very good. But, I just read a summary and thought maybe it wasn’t as bad as I thought? Name change, for example, may have been infantile, but I’m sure I must have snickered once? Someone in the comments mentioned timing and maybe that was it. Hopefully next week will be better as they settle in.

Since there were no summer announcements, wasn't a surprise that Cicely Strong was still on - it was a huge rumor that she was leaving last year (with last season’s finale showing everyone literally waving goodbye to her). Wonder if covid caused her to stay? (But again, all rumor)

I don’t know about anyone else, but it was so weird to me to see Jost and Che sitting so close together after months of watching my local news teams sitting so far apart.

I thought the show was good. As for Michael and Colin sitting close, the cast was probably tested daily and wore masks during the reads and rehearsals. I would think if Lorne Michaels didn't think they were safe sitting close together they wouldn't have.

Trusted Contributor

I thought the first hour was pretty good, and then it went downhill from there.  But, that often happens.  Good to see it back and it will be on for four more weeks in a row,

Respected Contributor

I agree the Drew parody was spot on.  Chloe nailed it!  Funny how Cecile always plays people who yell!!  Also found the sketch about the people with embarrassing names very funny.  All in all, I enjoyed the show.  Some new cast members, I see.

Honored Contributor
Jim Carrey looked more like Kirk Douglas than the former VP.
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee 

There is no Cecile, do you mean Cecily Strong

@LyndaGee wrote:

I agree the Drew parody was spot on.  Chloe nailed it!  Funny how Cecile always plays people who yell!!  Also found the sketch about the people with embarrassing names very funny.  All in all, I enjoyed the show.  Some new cast members, I see.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.