Honored Contributor

I read Chris Rock will host the 46th season opener on October 3. They will be in studio, I have missed the show, I can't wait for all the political satire.

Honored Contributor

Great to hear, I could use a few laughs.

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched SNL from the start, many years ago. This season the writers and cast have more than enough to parody. The challenge is to make the audience laugh when we've been doing anything BUT these last six months.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Cant wait! I will be watching. We need SNL right now.

Respected Contributor

Read Jim Carrey will be playing the former Veep.  Looking forward to that!

Respected Contributor

And Alec Baldwin will be back too.  As well as Maya Rudolph as Harris. Cannot wait!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting the SNL update.

They have so much material to work with.

I am happy to hear Alec will be back! Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised Alec Baldwin will be back playing you know who, I thought he didn't want to do it anymore. I was watching The View today, they had Jeff Daniels on promoting a two part show The Comey Rules on Showtime, he stars in it. I wonder if Alec was approach to play you know who, or is Alec's portrayal too campy? I would be all over this, I don't have Showtime.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2   Thanks so much for posting about "The Comey Rule."

I have not heard about this one and, yes, I will be all over it too.

I loved Jeff Daniels in "Newsroom" and he should do a great job in this one also.

Yes, Alec's performance might be "way out there" for this one.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

And Alec Baldwin will be back too.  As well as Maya Rudolph as Harris. Cannot wait!

I only found out recently that Maya Rudoloph (who is wonderful) is the daughter of the late Minnie Ripperton. Can't wait for the series to come back.