Respected Contributor

Re: New Season Of Dancing With The Stars

I'm surprised Nick & Peta were in the bottom 2. Surely Nick's dancing was better than Mr. T's!

Again, it comes down to a popularity contest. I think Nick isn't liked as The Bachelor so people are not voting for him. Mr. T might have a much larger following. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

I loved David Ross doing the Magic Mike routine. Hilarious. He's great on this show because he's self deprecating and not self conscious. He's also just a good guy. When he was on the Red Sox fans loved him, and I know Cubs fans loved him too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

I liked Sharna's choreography a lot, but when they bring in additional dancers, it only emphasized how off Bonner was. I think he would have looked better just the two of them, but I really liked their dance.

Trusted Contributor

I agree the producers probably talked to Charo to not waste time since it is a live show and security is better watching the audience. Charo's online comments about her annoying act could be part of why she suddenly mellowed. Too late though.

Honored Contributor

Derek has been my main reason for watching and now I just have it on as background. That dance he and his sister did last night, while impressive, was cringe worthy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed Vegas night and thought there were some very good performances.  What I like about this cast is that there doesn't seem to be one standing out better than all the others. Last year it was obvious almost from the beginning that Laurie Hernandez was going to win (even though I thought the race car driver should have won).  I agree with others about Normandi being the one to beat after last night's dance which was great, but Heather, Nancy and Rashad could go all the way, 

Respected Contributor

@Daisy

The dance was contemporary style and had something to do with getting over their parents divorce. Their mother was in the audience, but I did not see their father.
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I'm so glad Charo left.  I think Mr. T is next. 

Rashad didn't seem to do as well last night.  I think they judges were right about the song choice.

Normani is amazing.  I think she's going to be the one to beat. 

@Bri36, I don't think the pros or celebs have any input as to what song they dance to, often I think the song doesn't match the style of the dance. Also the choreography is on the pro not the celeb. Some dances suit some celebs better than others. As for Bonner, he is lucky to be walking let alone dancing. He may have some limitations but I really like him and I give him a pass. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Derek has been my main reason for watching and now I just have it on as background. That dance he and his sister did last night, while impressive, was cringe worthy. 

@occasionalrainjust curious, why did you say cringe worthy? Just wondering if I  missed or the intent of the dances statement went over my head. Thanks.

NEVER MIND I just watched it again, I must have missed parts. It was cringe worthy. 😵

Honored Contributor

I thought Nancy Kerrigan was the best dancer last night. 

Thank you for sending Charo home.