Honored Contributor

American Idol Spring 2022 Season 20

REMINDER......american idol on for two hours tonight beginning at 8pm et.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol Spring 2022 Season 20

Thank you! I would have forgotten - I'm about 30 minutes late, but happy not to miss the whole thing.  @sunshine45 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Season Of American Idol

[ Edited ]

So far tonight I like the guy whose mother is ill and the 18 year old girl with the grandfather. The platinum ticket contestant has got to be in the top ten. I keep editing my post with my favorites. I am biased for Christian from Long Island because that's my playground!

Valued Contributor

I can't believe that Miss America winner was on and they let her go through !! Certainly not an amateur and her talent was singing on Miss America . They must be running out of contestants , or maybe they just want to keep people interested . . 

Trusted Contributor

Wow tonight was so much better than last week.  I was disappointed last week,  they should have started the season with tonight's group.  There were several tonight that I think will end up in the top 24 or top ten.  I think it's a good season.

Respected Contributor

I liked the baby face fella with the real deep voice.  Similar to a Trace Adkins kinda voice, who I could listen to recite the phonebook.  I also liked the young fella from Long Island with the Italian family.  He put his all into that audition.  I bet his Dad makes a great pizza.

I get bored with the singers though.  A few they put thru tonight were just mediocre imo.  I also didn't think the girl who sang the Lady Gaga song was so great.  She was pretty and had a nice voice, but I didn't think it was any better than any of the others.  Just the standard nice voice most seem to have.  I must have a tin ear because they gave her the platinum ticket.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2.

I thought those 2 were the most memorable also when I was finished watching, those were the 2 I remembered and liked.

The former Miss America was good and very pretty but I also didn't think she was anymore outstanding than some others.

I remembered the guy from NY because his face and mannerisms are so familiar. I looked him up and he was also on America's Got Talent.

He does have an endearing personality on stage and a good voice but it does seem like the judges are over the top with some praise and others that are good they say you are too young or something. I'd rather them be that though than mean.

I am surprised I am liking watching it again.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol Spring 2022 Season 20

@sunshine45, I would have forgotten too so thank you for the reminder!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I liked the baby face fella with the real deep voice.  Similar to a Trace Adkins kinda voice, who I could listen to recite the phonebook.  I also liked the young fella from Long Island with the Italian family.  He put his all into that audition.  I bet his Dad makes a great pizza.

I get bored with the singers though.  A few they put thru tonight were just mediocre imo.  I also didn't think the girl who sang the Lady Gaga song was so great.  She was pretty and had a nice voice, but I didn't think it was any better than any of the others.  Just the standard nice voice most seem to have.  I must have a tin ear because they gave her the platinum ticket.

I so agree with your post @jellyBEAN..... although we must be the only two who feel this way.  I thought she was just ok at best.  Maybe I didn't like her song choice; I don't know.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the former Miss America wil get far at all.  

The deep-voiced kid was on I can See Your Voice.  That is a fun show and some of their good singers are better than many on these singing competitions.

There were a few this last show that I thought were very good and enjoyable.  Some are good but not enjoyable, IYKWIM.  One being the little surfer-type dude who didn't know who James Taylor was.  That kid is so laid back.  Kinda like he'd smoked a little something something before going ;-). lol

Katie needs to stop with the theatrics and Lionel needs to stop with the running down conversations with the words followed by "you know what I mean".  🙄