Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season Of American Idol

I didn't think Aretha Franklin's granddaughter was that good.  She was ok, but didn't deserve to go through.  I think the judges did the right thing.  I don't know what Katie was thinking. 

Honored Contributor

Did anyone think the country girl with the sparkly boots should have gone thru? I was surprised she got 3 no s!

She def could have had more variation in her notes and maybe more emotion but she was nervous I guess. Still a lot of country potential!

She was from Kentucky too-that is a big country accent there!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Oh gosh now I'm crying at "She used to be Mine"😭

and oh my here comes the next one-crying all the way through.

Make sure you have a box ofkleenexx right next to you!

@on the bay I never use to be a crier since my mom died two years ago I cry at the drop of a hat! The second contestant had me in tears ( sang Use To Be Mine), the guy from New Jersey, I was so touched by his story and loved the relationship between his sister and himself, a great big brother. I also liked the babysitter and the last contestant I think Taylor wrote such a thought provoking song, I thought he and the song were great (crying again). Last night Katy cried a lot which is so unlike here. 

Honored Contributor

The power of American Idol, She Used To Be Mine ( the Sara Bareilles version which is the best version) is number 7 on ITunes, coincidence, I think not. 

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay   Yes, I think she was as good as any of the others that went through.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

That last contestant (Taylor?) just blew me away. 

@Jordan2Listening to him now and yes crying again. That should be a song for our whole last decade and past years especially. Kind of like the protest songs for Vietnam but for so much of what is going on now.

I hope he gets to sing it everywhere!

(and Lionel just said everything I was thinking).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, @on the bay  and @Jordan2 , don't hate me for this but.........

while I agree with you that Taylor's song was beautiful and should be heard by the entire world, I didn't think his voice was that great.  

Running away to hide my head in shame now.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1,

No, you don't have to hide. I agree  that his voice was nice but ordinary but that song-whew. He voiced all the feelings of so many

and it's heartbreaking. He wrote it 3 days after the death of George Floyd. I've often tried to imagine what it must feel like esp a mother. Anyway, I hope his songwriting keeps on keeping on!

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay   I agree that he is an extremely talented writer and musician.  His song was so powerful and, I'm sure, touched many.  So well written, well said, and timely!

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh my gosh, @on the bay  and @Jordan2 , don't hate me for this but.........

while I agree with you that Taylor's song was beautiful and should be heard by the entire world, I didn't think his voice was that great.  

Running away to hide my head in shame now.Woman Sad

@Citrine1 You certainly have a right to your opinion, no need to hide your head in shame!