Respected Contributor

Re: New Season America's Got Talent

@SWEET wrote:

So far this season, I see a lot of singers, dancers and some of the dance acts that went through were just okay for me.

Heidi's golden buzzer was good but not spectacular like the previous golden buzzers in this season.  In fact, all of them might be singers.  Can't recall.

I can't wait for the judges cuts next wk and I hope the "spitting" guys are out of there along w/the older couple who gross me out. 

@SWEET, Howie, Mel B and Heidi all gave the golden buzzer to singers.  I don't recall what Tyra's was or whether Simon did his yet or not.  But I know there were 3 singers given the golden buzzer.  I am so tired of all the singers.

Those "spitting guys" were pathetic; and I hope they're sent packing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

So true. I look to shows like this to be light, enjoyable entertainment--an escape from my own sob story!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

So far this season, I see a lot of singers, dancers and some of the dance acts that went through were just okay for me.

Heidi's golden buzzer was good but not spectacular like the previous golden buzzers in this season.  In fact, all of them might be singers.  Can't recall.

I can't wait for the judges cuts next wk and I hope the "spitting" guys are out of there along w/the older couple who gross me out. 

@SWEET, Howie, Mel B and Heidi all gave the golden buzzer to singers.  I don't recall what Tyra's was or whether Simon did his yet or not.  But I know there were 3 singers given the golden buzzer.  I am so tired of all the singers.

@HisElk1 @SWEET The spitting guys were so funny- but DEFINITELY not a million dollar act!! Check them out on line, I doubt they'll make it past the judges cuts. 

They came on stage looking like a 'real' singing group, wearing suits & dressed well! The judges asked them what their full time jobs were,  when the last guy  said he had a podcast with his mother Woman LOL I knew their look was a gimmick. 

Valued Contributor

how could they take the dog with the piano player.i guess simon takes all dog acts.my dog does the same thing when someone plays an instrument.whats he going to do next time.how about the choir.yes they were good but 160 people.so far i have not seemed any  WOW perfomances yet.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@HisElk1

Simon also gave the golden buzzer to a singer. He was the man who had 6 kids, 5 that were adopted. 

Tyra gave the GB to a dance group.

I'm bored with this season. Too many singers and dancers. I agree that letting the woman with the "singing" dog go through was ridiculous.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Esteemed Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

how could they take the dog with the piano player.i guess simon takes all dog acts.my dog does the same thing when someone plays an instrument.whats he going to do next time.how about the choir.yes they were good but 160 people.so far i have not seemed any  WOW perfomances yet.

@heart of savino The dog was adorable and howled to the piano playing. But that's not singing!! Simon is such a mush when it comes to dogs- which is actually one of his most endearing qualities... Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I wonder if Simon went with that little boy to buy him a dog like he said he would.  I'll bet they arranged it somehow if the parents agreed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@heart of savino wrote:

@heart of savino The dog was adorable and howled to the piano playing. But that's not singing!! Simon is such a mush when it comes to dogs- which is actually one of his most endearing qualities... Woman Happy

@Ibby114, I agree the dog was adorable but that wasn't singing. I had a dog that when I played the melodica (not well), he would howl. I think it was the high pitch that  hurt his ears.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I wonder if Simon went with that little boy to buy him a dog like he said he would.  I'll bet they arranged it somehow if the parents agreed.

@NickNack Again - it's Simon and puppies! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@heart of savino wrote:

@Ibby114, I agree the dog was adorable but that wasn't singing. I had a dog that when I played the melodica (not well), he would howl. I think it was the high pitch that  hurt his ears.

@Jordan2 You could've been on AGT !! Woman LOL