Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season America's Got Talent

I'm surprised there are no comments about the male contortionist.  He works with a Human Resources Department and his boss filed a missing person report because he never missed work and that one day he did.

I could barely contain myself while watching him crawl up and down the stairs from the stage over to the judge's table.  It was weird and somewhat freaky.  It will be interesting to see what he does next.  If you haven't seen him I suggest you go on You Tube and check him out, it is almost as though he doesn't have a bone in his body.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

That guy was unbelievable @Lindsays Grandma.  I've watched him on youtube about 10  times.  I especially liked the ending when he dropped to the floor.  As you said, it's as if he doesn't have a bone in his body.  Amazing!!

Honored Contributor

My three favorites of the night the golden buzzer singer, the little boy Angel Garcia, the singer Hunter. Simon did it again, made Hunter sing a different song, an original that he was 1000% better on. 

Respected Contributor

DH and I watched it on the DVR; I ended up falling asleep during the show while someone was singing.

I believe there are now 3 golden buzzer contestants that are singers.  

Again, way too many singers once again IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I find I am only watching this show sporadically this season after a couple of the acts literally made me queasy. One was the guy portraying a caterpillar and the other was the Asian guy nude act. 

I did catch the cat act. It was phenomenal!

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener I'm like you.  I started watching the DVR cy on this show and got bored.  It's still there and I'll go back a few times, but I do get tired of the singers and the stories.

Everyone has difficulty in their lives.  I don't think it should affect the judges decision and I know sometimes it does.

Many shows are like that now....sob stories.  I feel for these people but they are there to perform and be judged on their abilities, now how sad their lives are.

Respected Contributor

So far this season, I see a lot of singers, dancers and some of the dance acts that went through were just okay for me.

Heidi's golden buzzer was good but not spectacular like the previous golden buzzers in this season.  In fact, all of them might be singers.  Can't recall.

I can't wait for the judges cuts next wk and I hope the "spitting" guys are out of there along w/the older couple who gross me out. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

So far this season, I see a lot of singers, dancers and some of the dance acts that went through were just okay for me.

Heidi's golden buzzer was good but not spectacular like the previous golden buzzers in this season.  In fact, all of them might be singers.  Can't recall.

I can't wait for the judges cuts next wk and I hope the "spitting" guys are out of there along w/the older couple who gross me out. 

@SWEET  That older couple was just awful.  I can't believe they got through.  I must have fast forwarded through the spitting guys, because I don't know who they are.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET  That older couple was just awful.  I can't believe they got through.  I must have fast forwarded through the spitting guys, because I don't know who they are.

They were the first act of the first show.  They spit water into each other's water bottles and then Tyra did it.  I don't know why the judges thought they were so good.  I can't remember now if anyone buzzed them or not.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

They were the first act of the first show.  They spit water into each other's water bottles and then Tyra did it.  I don't know why the judges thought they were so good.  I can't remember now if anyone buzzed them or not.

@SWEET   Did they have Howie spit water into one of the bottles and then drink it?  That was disgusting.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau