Respected Contributor

I read in the Washignton Post this am there is going to be a Real Housewives of the Potomac coming soon!  It will be set in Potomac MD a suburb near DC.  The creators are hoping it will do better than the RHODC; it was cancelled after one season.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New Real Housewives Show

I've heard there might be another one about Australia too. I tried to watch the last one but it was awful. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/what-are-the-new-real-housewives-cities-2016/

"There Are *Two* New Real Housewives Cities Coming Your Way...

This January, pack your bags and prepare to head to Potomac, Maryland for the latest addition to the Housewives family, The Real Housewives of Potomac.

Located just up the river from our nation's capital of Washington, D.C., Potomac is a cozy, upscale enclave with gated mansions, rolling hills, and exclusive country clubs. Viewers will be introduced to the wealthy African-American families who have broken racial barriers and now reside in the sophisticated community.

The Real Housewives of Potomac will follow

socialite and single mom Gizelle Bryant,

international model and TV personality Katie Rost,

grand dame Karen Huger,

social butterfly Charrisse Jackson-Jordan,

publicist and single mom Robyn Dixon,

as well as restaurateur Ashley Darby.

If we've learned anything from this first look, it's that Potomac residents throw a lot of parties, and place a strong emphasis on the distinction between old money versus new money and proper etiquette.

"If you haven't heard of Potomac, that's fine, because that means we've done a great job of keeping it a nice, little secret," Gizelle explains of the town she calls home. It's also a place where playing by the rules is very important. "If you don't behave yourself in Potomac, you might be asked to leave," Katie adds. The Real Housewives of Potomac premieres Sunday, January 17 at 9/8c.

But there's even more

Housewives to enjoy in 2016!

Stay tuned for details on

The Real Housewives of Dallas,

which will debut later next year.

And, yes, the series will certainly confirm

that everything — including the drama —

is bigger in Texas."

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info. I'm glad they will be airing some new areas/people. I'm tired of many of the older Housewives franchises.

Respected Contributor

See all their photos at the link!

😊

::

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/real-housewives-of-potomac-dallas-announced-latest-brav...

"Real Housewives of Potomac, Dallas Announced as Latest Bravo Cities: See the Surprising Picks!

Surprise! On Wednesday, Nov. 11, Bravo announced that it would be adding not one, but two new cities to the Real Housewives franchise. As Us Weekly previously reported, one of those cities will be Dallas, Texas. But the other pick is much more unexpected.

Potomac, Md., a wealthy town near Washington, D.C., is the second pick for the franchise executive produced by Andy Cohen.

“The Real Housewives of Potomac is the show you never saw coming, and it’s going to take everyone by surprise!,” Cohen said in a statement.

“As for The Real Housewives of Dallas, it's a natural extension of the franchise with a Southern twist that y’all will enjoy."

The Real Housewives of Potomac will star Gizelle Bryant, Katie Rost, Karen Huger, Charrisse Jackson-Jordan, Robyn Dixon, and Ashley Darby, “all of whom have fought for their places in this society by way of legacy or marriage,” the release reads.

After The Real Housewives of Washington, D.C. tanked in 2010, Bravo seems to be highlighting the nation’s capital (or at least the adjacent area) with a new approach.

“Its rolling hills, gated mansions, sophisticated prep schools, and exclusive country clubs all serve to keep the area invitation-only,” the release notes when describing the Maryland town.

“Sprinkled throughout this community are a handful of old-line, wealthy African-American families who have historically broken racial barriers to provide the best life possible for their children.

In a town where entry is granted only through class, pedigree, and lineage, how far will these ladies go to secure their spot at the top of this prestigious circle?”

Bravo has not yet announced the cast for The Real Housewives of Dallas, but the network’s statement notes the show “follows a group of sophisticated southern socialites, as they claw their way to the top of the city's social scene.

The series gives an exclusive look into their glamorous galas, scintillating scandals, and enormous egos, to prove exactly why everything is bigger in Texas.”

The Real Housewives of Potomac premieres

Sunday, Jan. 17 at 9 p.m. ET on Bravo,

and The Real Housewives of Dallas is set to

premiere later next year."

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to the new show-will give it a try, and I am looking forward to Beverly Hills as well as that one if my favorite of them all......Orange County this season was awful with the whole Broosk cancer thing-hopefully next season will be more interesting and New York is a snooze fest most of the time as well........  

Honored Contributor

I want to know who the housewives of Dallas will be.

They've tried 2 reality shows based in Dallas and neither one of them worked.  First there was Most Eligible Dallas which featured a mix of young men and women, all supposedly friends and all single.

One of the ladies on that show was Courtney Kerr.  She ended up with her own show called Courtney Loves Dallas.  I don't think that lasted more than a season.  But she seems to have done well for herself.  I was wondering if she'd be one of the women on the new show. 

Honored Contributor

Here are the Potomac women but Bravo is being very hush-hush about the Dallas cast.

These are the Potomoc housewives, not the Dallas housewives, who are the Dallas housewives? 

Respected Contributor

I will be watching this new show. Looks interesting in the previews. I was in Potomac last month and the houses there are basically huge mansions. Private gates on some of them. All I saw was luxury cars when we drove around. 

Honored Contributor

That's crazy.  I know people who live in pretty big houses in Potomac Maryland (I live in Va).

My business partner lives in one of those houses.  He has two kitchens.  Several of the football players live there.

They must be running out of places.

I'm surprised they don't do one where my daughter lives.  She in Windemere, Florida.

It's a community where billionaires live.  Shack O'Neil and Tiger Woods lives near her.  These people aren't much different from anyone else.