Respected Contributor

Re: New Paul McCartney documentary on Hulu July 16+

I watched most of the  3  2  1  again.  PM is definitely sharp as a tack but when he sang along to the recordings, his voice sounded weak. 

I liked when they isolated various parts of the recordings.  From the start of the series, I knew I was not going to care for the interviewer.  His sloven appearance was a turn off.

Despite the negatives, we both enjoyed the music.  My husband and I dated throughout the Beatle era.  Their songs were so much a part of our youth and hold so many memories.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1. I just perceived what you call Paul's voice sounding weak as him singing rather softly, not in full voice as he would on stage. Perhaps I'll change my mind when I rewatch the doc. 

That said, the 2nd 2x (out of 3X) I saw him live in concert, in 2015 and 2016 I think it was, he had adjusted the vocals an octave lower for certain notes because he couldn't hit the higher notes any more. That was obvious but the concerts were still great.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lulu1. I just perceived what you call Paul's voice sounding weak as him singing rather softly, not in full voice as he would on stage. Perhaps I'll change my mind when I rewatch the doc. 

That said, the 2nd 2x (out of 3X) I saw him live in concert, in 2015 and 2016 I think it was, he had adjusted the vocals an octave lower for certain notes because he couldn't hit the higher notes any more. That was obvious but the concerts were still great.

@Pearlee 

I get confused as to what year but the last time PM was in the NYC area, it was an indoor venue and his voice was fine.  The time before that, it was a football stadium.  His voice cracked a few times. 

You are right, regardless, the concerts were worth every penny.

There was a poster here from Michigan, I cannot remember her name.  She followed his tours across country and even had a YOUTUBE video of her giving him flowers at the rehearsal.

Honored Contributor

Any additional comments/reviews on Hulu doc?

Honored Contributor

I'm only just getting around to watching this. Full disclosure I LOVE The Beatles and Paul is my favorite, I'm only one episode in and this is so much better than the documentary Get Back on Disney+. 

Honored Contributor

I'm on episode 4 of 6, while I am loving this it makes me incredibly sad ( I'm crying, I never use to be a crier). The music brings me back to a happier time in my life. I'm sad because there are only two Beatles alive when there should be at least three surviving. The thing that makes me happy is seeing how much Paul loves talking about his lads and the music.