Super Contributor
It probably reads as Masterpiece VanDerWalk... frustrating.
Valued Contributor

Re: New PBS series tonight

[ Edited ]

Marc Warren was also in Beecham House, as John Beecham's business partner/betrayer, Samuel Parker.  I don't find him a compelling actor.

Next week, in my area (NW Ohio), "Last Tango in Halifax" returns as rhe lead-in to Van der Valk.  Looking forward to seeing Alan, Celia and their families again.

Esteemed Contributor

@2cockers1cat wrote:

Marc Warren was also in Beecham House, as John Beecham's partner/betrayer, Samuel Parker.  I don't find him a compelling actor.

Next week, in my area (NW Ohio), "Last Tango in Halifax" returns as rhe lead-in to Van der Valk.  Looking forward to seeing Alan, Celia and their families again

-----------------------

Last Tango - one of my favorite shows ever!!  Will they be new episodes or reruns???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hayseed00 wrote:

@SharkEI watched the first episode last night and I felt that the storyline was hard for me to follow.  I will def watch next week though to see if I have a better grasp on it.  Just my opinion.

-------------------

I agree!!  Am not sure I will keep watching the show!!!  The characters were not that likable!!  

Watched another detective series "Baatanjer Mysteries" years ago that also took place in Amsterdam!!  It was in Dutch but English sub titles. 

Good acting and stories!! Location in Amsterdam, loved it!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita   "Last Tango" is 4 new episodes.  They aired earlier this year in the UK.

Honored Contributor

This might be interesting.  I used to love going up to Amsterdam and have walked every inch of that city (we would take the train up and just walk the rest of it).   I'd love to see parts of the city again!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I sure don't think he was meant to be a chick magnet! We have enough of those, anyway. He's different. Different looking for sure. I think that's his draw when it comes to the females. Different. I like that he's aloof and not really interested in mixing business with pleasure. Refreshing for sure. But they'll all be after him-maybe because he's cool, or just available. I wish just once we could have a cop show that didn't turn into lust or love. Just the facts, ma'am, hahaha. 

I have never been to Amsterdam but isn't it beautiful. I'll be watching the whole series, partly because of the scenery but mostly because I like cop shows-especially those on PBS.

Honored Contributor

Very disappointed, too dark and dreary and half the time I could not understand what some were saying!

Esteemed Contributor

@2cockers1cat wrote:

@corita   "Last Tango" is 4 new episodes.  They aired earlier this year in the UK.

--------------

Thanks !! Will let my DD know.  She also loved that Tango series!!!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Very disappointed, too dark and dreary and half the time I could not understand what some were saying!

Do you have close captioning?