Respected Contributor

New PBS "The Red Shoes" Ballet

New version of the spooky Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale. Saw it last night. Very good. I always liked the 1948 movie version. Ballet fans: keep an eye out for this.

Respected Contributor

Re: New PBS "The Red Shoes" Ballet

It was already broadcast this last week (can't remember which night) on our PBS local station.  I was not interested in watching, but saw a bit of it as I was checking the "guide" and flipping through channels one night recently.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 - Thank you so much for posting this.  I love the movie, and cannot wait to see the PBS version of the ballet.  I found it online, and I will be able to watch it from my computer.  The story is so compelling and interesting-- well it is if you love ballet, I suppose. LOL.  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

New version of the spooky Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale. Saw it last night. Very good. I always liked the 1948 movie version. Ballet fans: keep an eye out for this.   

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Hey @Judaline    

Is it that you don't like ballet or scary fairy tales or PBS?

I'm sure everyone would like to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3. I did watch part of it.   Just not what I was expecting.   The dancers were wonderful. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Hey @Judaline    

Is it that you don't like ballet or scary fairy tales or PBS?

I'm sure everyone would like to know.

@PickyPicky3 The Red Shoes is one of my favorite movies. I just couldn't believe a rendition was coming to tv!