Respected Contributor

Re: New Original CNN First Ladies Series

@Mz iMac   So glad to share!  I know you'll enjoy the entire series!Cat Very Happy

@LyndaGee   I purchased the book and could hardly put it down, once I started reading it!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45   I am glad to share the information today!  I always say that I could have been a "scholar" in US history if Ken Burns was my teacher!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Assuming it's more inclusive than the CNN series, maybe I'll try to find the CSPAN series. As for the CNN series, I'm not sure I'd agree with their definition of the 'most iconic', though their choices are somewhat predictable. I might or might not watch a couple of the episodes, but not the whole series.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Saw it advertised , however  am skeptical that there may be a political spin , so   may watch   with 10 grains of salt  to see how they spin it ....

Honored Contributor

Anything on CNN or FOX will have a political spin. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks!  That was a difficult year at my house, so I missed this entirely.  I can't wait to see them all!

I have read books on many of the presidents and wives, and especially Eisenhower forward.   I read biographies and autobiographies whether I like or agree with their politics or not.

They are all people, they all are fascinating, and they ALL have remarkable stories to tell or to be told about them.

It gives me a perspective on them as humans, as to why they think and do the things they do, and how I can appreciate ALL of them for their service and what they brought to the office, the house itself and to all of us.

Like them or not, a different matter, but understand and appreciate them more?  Always.  What they do is not easy in any sense of the word. And they are all just people. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Thanks!  That was a difficult year at my house, so I missed this entirely.  I can't wait to see them all!

I have read books on many of the presidents and wives, and especially Eisenhower forward.   I read biographies and autobiographies whether I like or agree with their politics or not.

They are all people, they all are fascinating, and they ALL have remarkable stories to tell or to be told about them.

It gives me a perspective on them as humans, as to why they think and do the things they do, and how I can appreciate ALL of them for their service and what they brought to the office, the house itself and to all of us.

Like them or not, a different matter, but understand and appreciate them more?  Always.  What they do is not easy in any sense of the word. And they are all just people. 

Amen @Sooner. Agree wholeheartedly and I also love to read autobiographies, biographies from all walks of life, including political ones from both sides. If only more in our country would think, rationally, as you have above...we'd be in a better place. I think many do...they are the quiet, dignified, silient majority. Can't say anymore...this "free forum" is too censored these days...even to rational conversation depending if they like the "topic" or not. Anyway, once again...appreciated your thoughts above.

Honored Contributor

I will not be watching....I doubt it will be a fair representation.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs But what if it isn't? 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs But what if it isn't? 

@Sooner Well then, I possibly missed something interesting....but if history repeats itself, I am fairly certain I won't be missing anything....obviously just my opinion.  Enjoy the program.