Honored Contributor

I just rediscovered this. 

After the original John Nettles left, I just couldn't like the new Neil Dudgeon, and his wife as much.

But I'm watching the new series now and I think he's improved. More emotion and not that continual smirk. He seems more invested in it all.

It was my one of my favorite series, that and Endeavor and many other of the great British mystery/detective series. So giving it another try-season 23! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

We love Midsomer and thought we had seen them all but discovered recently some early ones we missed!  I will try season 23 - thanks!

Super Contributor

Love this show.  It took me a minute to get use to Neil Dudgeon, but he grew on me.  I found myself liking his slightly sarcastic manner.  Also, he definitely makes for a better husband and father, when compared to John Nettles' character who made it clear that his family was secondary.

Honored Contributor

That's one of my favorite shows.  I like that with cast changes, the show doesn't lose it's heart and character.