Honored Contributor

This guy definitely is missing Tom Selleck's sex appeal. Don't these casting people know it's not just the face? They also need that twinkle in their eye and that little bit O' the devil.

Is there going to be a Rick and a TJ? I heard Robin is going to be a girl.

Honored Contributor

After seeing the promos, not a chance I'll watch. Was that kiss of death Catherine Heigl? Everything she's in flops. Why anyone casts her is a mystery.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

After seeing the promos, not a chance I'll watch. Was that kiss of death Catherine Heigl? Everything she's in flops. Why anyone casts her is a mystery.

She's in Suits now so I doubt it is her.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

This guy definitely is missing Tom Selleck's sex appeal. Don't these casting people know it's not just the face? They also need that twinkle in their eye and that little bit O' the devil.

Is there going to be a Rick and a TJ? I heard Robin is going to be a girl.

@151949, there is a Rick and TC on the reboot. Higgins is now a woman, Juliette, and I don't think we have ever seen Robin Masters.

Honored Contributor

I wish this actor good luck ......   Tom Selleck is a hard act to follow!

Esteemed Contributor

It is going to be repeated on Saturday night. I am gong to DVR it then. I didn’t get to see it on Monday night as I went to Disneyland Not So Scary Halloween party. If anyone gets a chance to go it is a blast.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was never a big Magnum fan, but I do miss Rockford!  LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

Oh dear! I started watching the 2nd installment of Magnum PI and had to change the channel. It was about a stolen tuna! Yes, a stolen tuna and Magnum was asked to find it so the guy who caught it could sell it and make alot of money. He found the tuna in this other man's freezer but he couldn't take it from him because his family was being held hostage.  I am not making this up!

Darn, the new Magnum is not for me.  I was so looking forward to it and giving it a run but the Tuna story was too much.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I was never a big fan of the first incarnation of this show, which I've only seen in reruns, nor have I ever been over the moon about Selleck... That said, if they were going to re-up this show and opt to go for a different 'type' in the lead, then they should have gone for the best of that 'type'... The show isn't bad and it isn't great and while Jay Hernandez is pretty good in the role, compared to the original, to me, he doen't bring sufficient 'presence' to the screen... Selleck was big, strapping and charismatic, while Hernandez is a bit on the small side and somewhat average... Somehow, it doesn't compute... The British woman is all right, if they ever work past her, predictably, being a prig, but the sidekicks, as in the original, are just a waste of space... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
There is no one who could come in and play the same role that Tom Selleck originated...big shoes to fill, and they shouldn't be trying. No one is interested in Magnum P.I. If Tom isn't there.