Respected Contributor

Hernandez is handsome, but lacks the devilish attitude, smile, dimples and just about everything Tom had and still has.  (sigh)

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

They should have Tom Selleck do a cameo on the new Magnum. Tom wouldn't even have to speak, maybe a passing glance at each other, like don't I know you from somewhere!

Respected Contributor

Re: New Magnum P.I.

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

They should have Tom Selleck do a cameo on the new Magnum. Tom wouldn't even have to speak, maybe a passing glance at each other, like don't I know you from somewhere!

And he could tilt his head and wiggle his eyebrows!

Super Contributor

I watched .  I love the original beacause of Tom.  I thought it was ok.  He did look good in that navy uniform.  I may tune in again. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Pulled out my complete set of the original show today and will start watching it. Those shorts they made him wear are a hoot! DH watches Charlie's Angels for the wardrobes too. 80's television was the best.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I believe it was in People Magazine where they asked Tom Selleck if he was going to play any part in the new series of Magnum.    He replied that he wasn't going to because he wanted to allow the new actor to develop his own rendition of the character.

Tom Selleck has always been such a class act.     In that article, he also commented on treating the cast and crew with respect.    He said his longevity on Blue Bloods has allowed him a certain amount of pull on the set but he would never use it to overstep or treat others in a demeaning way.   He had the nicest things to say about each cast member.   

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Hernandez is handsome, but lacks the devilish attitude, smile, dimples and just about everything Tom had and still has.  (sigh)

That devilish attitude is exactly what I told my husband was missing with this new Magnum.  

He thought Hernandez was pretty good in the role but to me, it just wasn't the same.

I also did not care for the casting of Higgins.   I don't care for a female in that role.  

On the positive side, I was thrilled to see the Dobermans back on the show.    I've always loved that breed of dog.    They are such a magnificent and stately breed.   

I've dealt with many of them while in the veterinary field and I can say for a large breed they are usually easy to work with and more trustworthy than some of the other "guard" dogs that people own.   

Esteemed Contributor

Nope. I won't watch.

Respected Contributor

Does it say anything that I fell asleep watching it?  I will try again just to give it a fair shot.

The thing about the Thomas Magnum character was  ( to me ) he was a man who had seen the violent and the bad and now enjoyed paradise and helping out folks with their "little problems" with friends who shared his history.  However when push came to shove Thomas Magnum was Lethal when he had to be.  His character was a well sheathed sword.  The goofy was real but so was the shadow of soldier.  

Those shorts didn't only look really good on him they were disarming as well.  I miss that this Magnum is not so big and ramgy.  made the comic bits more charming.

Trusted Contributor

He is good looking, we will see. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!