Honored Contributor

I am a huge Nicole Kidman fan, love her! However, I do not think she is right for this role! I also think Debra Messing would have been the best choice!

I am looking forward to seeing Javier Bardem in the role though, think he was a great choice! I thought I remember hearing they were thinking of Marc Anthony as well, and I think he would have been good too!

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac I saw the interview with Lucy (Jr?) on You tube and agree she seemed very happy with the movie . She said she was satisfied with casting and that the actors were not duplicates but captured the 'souls'  of her parents during the time depicted. She pointed out that it is not thier total lives --just a segment. I am looking forward to seeing this show and getting my $$s worth from Netflix. Smiley Happy

She also spoke of a biography type movie being made by Ron Howard (I believe?) -- he is usually a pro. 

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@mspatmac I saw the interview with Lucy (Jr?) on You tube and agree she seemed very happy with the movie . She said she was satisfied with casting and that the actors were not duplicates but captured the 'souls'  of her parents during the time depicted. She pointed out that it is not thier total lives --just a segment. I am looking forward to seeing this show and getting my $$s worth from Netflix. Smiley Happy

She also spoke of a biography type movie being made by Ron Howard (I believe?) -- he is usually a pro. 

Sorry , it is in theaters and Amazon only. 

Respected Contributor

Side note , i am watching Nicole in 8 perfect strangers , she is so thin and tall , even a little more noticable on this show. Lucy does not have her kind of body at all. I do think since this is being released in Dec , they have a lot of confidence in the movie though. I hope i am wrong about the casting , because i am looking forward to this movie.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Lucy movie trailer.

[ Edited ]

As Luci Jr. said, this is NOT a remake of I Love Lucy. It's biographical. Perhaps had they been interested in a remake, Messing, were she able to reel herself in long enough from taking stances, would have been a good choice, but again, not a remake. Not sure I'm interested enough in the story of Lucy, Desi, Desilu and so on to see the film, but we'll see, and my guess is that the cast assembled does a good job with the material. There's something to be said for one quote indicating perhaps this sort of biopic is about 20 years too late to be extremely relevant, but time will tell.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Sorry , it is in theaters and Amazon only. 

@MW in Iowa  I have Prime also I mix them up when talking about them .