Respected Contributor

I want to give Nicole Kidman a chance in this movie , but just from her voice from the trailer , she sounds nothing like Lucille Ball , even from her real life voice. her  daughter has seen the movie and is raving how good it is , I think this could be a good movie , but i think they should have used an unkown or lesser known actress . Anyone seen this trailer ?

Honored Contributor

The movie actually concentrates on who Lucille Ball was as a person, especially as a businesswoman. And her fractious relationship with Desi Arnaz. Going to watch it with an open mind, plus I enjoy Aaron Sorkin's writing.

Honored Contributor

I like Javier Bardem. Not a huge Nicole fan.

Respected Contributor

I like Nicole Kidman , i know the story line for the movie  , i am only judging on her narration from trailer , her voice just sounds weird. I have heard many interviews with Lucille Ball , not her character Lucy , and this is what i was judging . I hope i am wrong.

Honored Contributor

I think Debra Messing could have killed in this role.  Nothing against Kidman, of course, but yeah - might not have been the very best choice.

I assume it's a movie theater movie, so I won't end up seeing it unless it hits tv.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Lucy movie trailer.

[ Edited ]

Big Lucy fan here. Not a big Nicole fan but I still will watch when its available.

Being the Ricardos.

https://youtu.be/wZR63vI3Kmo 

Respected Contributor

I just watched the trailer and yes Nicole Kidman sounds strange. Of course I will reserve judgement of her acting ability in this role. I just don't see her in this part. I agree they should have gotten somebody not well known. I then went and watched Joan Rivers interview Lucille Ball and still cannot see how NK will make it work. We will see. Maybe she is a better actress than I perceive her to be. One never knows.

Honored Contributor

Is Being the Ricardos available only on Amazon?  It's hard to imagine Nicole as Lucy, but I'm sure she gave it the old college try.

Honored Contributor

I read that Cate Blanchett was originally cast for the part. I'm not sure why she decided not to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I think Debra Messing could have killed in this role.  Nothing against Kidman, of course, but yeah - might not have been the very best choice.

I assume it's a movie theater movie, so I won't end up seeing it unless it hits tv.  Z

I totally agree, @chickenbutt .  I watched a special on Lucy last night on REELZ and they showed a clip of Debra Messing made up like Lucy.  She looked exactly like her!  She even said that when Lucy's daughter saw her made up like her mom, she asked her if she could give her a hug.  She said it had been so long since she had hugged her mom.  

Nicole is a bad choice, but then again I don't care for her.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!