Honored Contributor

Re: New Limited Series I Am The Night

@SilleeMee  I read it and it didin't un-confuse me so I read more stuff.  The reviews are all over the place.  It's not as factual as I expected, about Fauna or Dr. Hodel  (who I believe did kill The Black Dahlia) or Chris Pines character.  But I've read reviews that say his performance alone makes watching the show worth it.

The most interesting thing I read is that the actress who plays Fauna, India Eisley, is the daughter of Olivia Hussey.  Her daughter kind of looks like her.

Honored Contributor

I saw the sneak peak last night, but I wasn't really focused on it.  I've set my DVR to record the series.

I had no idea it was based on a true story.  

Honored Contributor

I am all in, I LOVED it (too bad there are only 6 episodes). It had a film noir look to it, I can't wait to see what's next.

Super Contributor

I had a hard-time following some of this story.....recording all episodes. I love True Crime stories!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also had a difficult time with the "sneak peek" episode...It was all over the place...I will definitely continue watching though and give it some time.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

I love Chris Pine so I'm watching it because of him.  I enjoyed the first episode and was able to follow it enough to get the gist.  I love true crime drama!

Honored Contributor

Unlike the preview, I had no trouble following the actual episode.  And I loved it.  I did Google a few things during the commercials but all in all it was way better than I was expecting, had an utterly creepy vibe and I had trouble falling asleep last night. 

Hodel was such a psycho perv, that scene at his house with the fetish stuff...ugh. 

It reminded me of American Horror Story Season 1, Murder House, in which Mena Suvari played the Black Dahlia briefly.  The ultra creepy vibe, the puzzling story (which I figured out early on).  Then I think AHS went off the rails after that.

Can't wait for the next episode!  Thanks @Jordan2 !

It's easier if you look up spoilers about them.  It's a real-life show so I think spoilers make it better watching it.  Especially about Fauna and Tamar, those poor women.

Honored Contributor

NBC's Hannibal came to my mind when I saw that scene of Hodel's house 'party'. It was creepy alright.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Unlike the preview, I had no trouble following the actual episode.  And I loved it.  I did Google a few things during the commercials but all in all it was way better than I was expecting, had an utterly creepy vibe and I had trouble falling asleep last night. 

Hodel was such a psycho perv, that scene at his house with the fetish stuff...ugh. 

It reminded me of American Horror Story Season 1, Murder House, in which Mena Suvari played the Black Dahlia briefly.  The ultra creepy vibe, the puzzling story (which I figured out early on).  Then I think AHS went off the rails after that.

Can't wait for the next episode!  Thanks @Jordan2 !

It's easier if you look up spoilers about them.  It's a real-life show so I think spoilers make it better watching it.  Especially about Fauna and Tamar, those poor women.

@LoriLori, I'm glad you're enjoying this too. I wonder why there are only 6 not 8 episodes? This will be like Dirty John, I couldn't wait to see it each week and never wanted it to end!

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, I'm really confused reading some of the replies here...On Sunday night (1/27), the "Sneak Peek" was on.

When I tuned in for Episode 1 last night, I found it to be a repeat of the "Sneak Peek".

It sounds like others saw an entirely different episode than I did last night?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~