Honored Contributor

Re: New Limited Series I Am The Night

@LoriLori wrote:

@MyShadowLove   @Jordan2   @SilleeMee   @chickenbutt   @QPrincess

Wildflowers, hanks so much for explaining the Korean War aspect.  I thought I blinked and that guy got knocked off his bar stool in a fight. 

I think maybe I'm too busy trying to piece together what I just saw so I miss the next thing because I totally didn't register what that review says happened at the very end:  Hodel looks under a door and sees hooves and hears an animal growling. 

Did anyone see and hear that?  What the heck?  That takes it to the supernatural and that has me a million times more confused.

@LoriLori

I was thinking 'Minotaur' when I saw that scene. Still not sure how the Minotaur fits into all of this. Do you?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@MyShadowLove   @Jordan2   @SilleeMee   @chickenbutt   @QPrincess

Wildflowers, hanks so much for explaining the Korean War aspect.  I thought I blinked and that guy got knocked off his bar stool in a fight. 

I think maybe I'm too busy trying to piece together what I just saw so I miss the next thing because I totally didn't register what that review says happened at the very end:  Hodel looks under a door and sees hooves and hears an animal growling. 

Did anyone see and hear that?  What the heck?  That takes it to the supernatural and that has me a million times more confused.

@LoriLori

I was thinking 'Minotaur' when I saw that scene. Still not sure how the Minotaur fits into all of this. Do you?

@SilleeMee, I do understand The Minotaur -- it's a piece of art -- but not the hooves and growling.

Steve Hodel, son of Dorothy Huston-Hodel aka Corinna, claims artist Man Ray was one of his father's two BFFs (John Huston being the other). 

Man Ray did a surrealist photo  called "The Minotaur" where he used the torso of a female and by manipulating the light and whatever, created the image of a minotaur on her naked torso.

https://www.wikiart.org/en/man-ray/minotaur-1934

To me it's a super creepy imagine.  And the Black Dahlia's torso was posed in exactly that pose.

Honored Contributor

Chilling, isn't it?  Her breasts were mutilated as well.  That photo and the way her torso was posed are an undeniable match.

Honored Contributor

It's very creepy @LoriLori

Here's my thoughts about that growling beast...

...I think Dr. Hodel is delusional and hallucinating that the Minotaur has awakened and needs to be fed. Remember, the beast eats young maidens and children in mythology.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's very creepy @LoriLori

Here's my thoughts about that growling beast...

...I think Dr. Hodel is delusional and hallucinating that the Minotaur has awakened and needs to be fed. Remember, the beast eats young maidens and children in mythology.

I did not know that!   I'm pathetically not up on mythology.   Perfect, since he's obviously mentally ill and did drugs beside.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I some social circles, they consider people who perform abortions as 'Minotaurs' because the Minotaur 'eats' the babies, metaphorically speaking. I believe Dr. Hodel was involved with a group of abortionists in L.A. who were performing them illegally for the prostitutes and movie stars at that time. @LoriLori

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Thanks for another thing I did not know.  Hodel, himself, performed abortions, that is how many young hopefuls came into his orbit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think all of us are trying to dissect this mini series too much. I’m sure the writers have embellished some events, left some others out. I’m just going with what is happening within the confines of this story and not worry about outside sources.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I think all of us are trying to dissect this mini series too much. I’m sure the writers have embellished some events, left some others out. I’m just going with what is happening within the confines of this story and not worry about outside sources.

@Jordan2 

I get that.  I think we each dissect as much as we want to.  The book is based on Fauna Hodel's autobiography only and Chris Pine's character is fiction, and there is a lot of stuff outside of that that may or may not interest people.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG!!! 

I'm at the point where I'm just going to peek in just to see how everything turns out for Fauna....This is just too creepy and grotesque!

UGH!!!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~