Honored Contributor

Re: New Limited Series I Am The Night

@LoriLori wrote:

@Jordan2  @SilleeMee   @MyShadowLove   @Judaline   @Annabellethecat66

Now there's a Podcast:  Roots of Evil:  The True Story of the Hodel Family and the Black Dahlia.

I think that's Steve Hodel, son of "Corinna"-really-Dorothy Huston-Hodel, behind it.  I downloaded it and will let you all know.

I looked at Steve Hodel's books on how his father killed The Black Dahlia and other stuff -- they are ridiculously expensive.  They seem to be self-published.  The prices are outrageous.

@LoriLori, I appreciate all your comments and input, however one shouldn't have to study up on the whole "family" in order to follow what's going on! The series should be a stand alone piece.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@LoriLori, I appreciate all your comments and input, however one shouldn't have to study up on the whole "family" in order to follow what's going on! The series should be a stand alone piece.

@Jordan2 

I agree with you completely..  As a series it is a total fail.  The writing is unbelievably convoluted and you have to bring your own information to it to even make some sense of it and even then it is beyond comprehension. 

I could stop watching and not miss it but I will see it through, three more episodes, because India Eisley is doing a terrific job as Fauna (Olivia Hussey must be very proud) and I want to see where her story goes since it's based on her autobiography.   And I'm enjoying the creepy parts, they are so very creepy.

But this series may be the biggest mess of any I've ever seen.  And I just read a five-star review of the episode from a web site I trust.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

I've kind of felt like I'm watching two completely different shows, so far.  But I haven't quit it yet.   Now that things are going to merge, at least to some degree (I believe I'm one episode behind at this point), I hope to feel more like I know what's going on.

Valued Contributor

If I may ask - what site was it where you saw a 5 star review? I'm curious.Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of this show. Perhaps I had high hopes and feeling let down???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:
This show is so difficult to follow and I'm starting to lose interest in it fast because of that. I don't like shows that force me to over-concentrate...it's tiresome.

I liked parts of last night.  When she snuck into the house (a Frank Lloyd Wright House, incredible!) I was very afraid for her and those scenes had my skin appropriately crawling.  And the fetish scenes creeped me out so bad.

And Hodel, every time I see his face I get viscerally afraid, especially when he was having sex in front of Tamar and when he's playing cat-and-mouse with Fauna.

The storyline with the reporter is confusing me.  The bar fight, I have no idea why that happened.

@LoriLori....I can't believe it myself, but this is actually one thing about the story that I can help you with....It has been mentioned that Jay suffers from PTSD, from his time served during the Korean War, so there are certain things that trigger his reactions, such as the loud sound of the guy falling in his chair...Jay's immediate reaction was to take cover under the table and then, afterwards, he went after the guy.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@MyShadowLove  as much as I enjoyed parts of it and disliked the other parts I'm looking forward to a new GIF from you so we know where you're at!

@LoriLori....Well, I'm feeling kind of goofy at this point now...This series seems to be affecting me in very strange ways!...LOL

Joan Crawford Silly GIF - JoanCrawford Silly GIFs              

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

I tried to watch but after the second show I deleted it from my shows to record.   

Honored Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

If I may ask - what site was it where you saw a 5 star review? I'm curious.Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of this show. Perhaps I had high hopes and feeling let down???

@QPrincess 

Sorry, don't know if you've seen my copious posts with links on this show but I made a vow to stop Googling it and just go with whatever they show!  I just happen to trust that site but there's more than one great review out there.  I had high hopes too but abandoned them sometime during the first episode.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove   @Jordan2   @SilleeMee   @chickenbutt   @QPrincess

Wildflowers, hanks so much for explaining the Korean War aspect.  I thought I blinked and that guy got knocked off his bar stool in a fight. 

I think maybe I'm too busy trying to piece together what I just saw so I miss the next thing because I totally didn't register what that review says happened at the very end:  Hodel looks under a door and sees hooves and hears an animal growling. 

Did anyone see and hear that?  What the heck?  That takes it to the supernatural and that has me a million times more confused.

Honored Contributor

This is me now, but I'm going all the way with this mess:

Related image