Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Limited Series I Am The Night

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

LOL! Woman LOL That's pretty much how I feel about it, too. Hope things get more clearer but who knows.

@SilleeMee...Seeing all of the effort that @LoriLori has put into trying to help all of us, as well as herself, understand and put more clarity into this very complicated story, I am going to take her advice and "stick with it" for the next couple of episodes.

So we all can continue down this path of insanity together!...I am putting all of my trust in @LoriLori as well as full responsiblity for whatever sound mind we are left with afterwards! Woman Surprised Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Who is the guy in the car that is following Fauna around?? 

He works for Creepy Grandpa who is also following her around. 

Found this and it nicely clears up the ambiguity around Corinna, the guy in the car, her race and Hodel.  As long as you know her name wasn't really Corinna but Dorothy Huston-Hodel. 

Even the writer of this recap, who got so much, is not clear on whether Corinna (Dorothy) was married to or divorced from Hodel when the scenes with her and Fauna take place.

Tamar on the phone, hmmmm.... 

https://hiddenremote.com/2019/02/05/night-episode-2-recap-hodel-hard-place/

hahaha, I think I'm getting punchy reading these. That picture of Joan Crawford says it all.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:
@SilleeMee wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

LOL! Woman LOL That's pretty much how I feel about it, too. Hope things get more clearer but who knows.

@SilleeMee...Seeing all of the effort that @LoriLori has put into trying to help all of us, as well as herself, understand and put more clarity into this very complicated story, I am going to take her advice and "stick with it" for the next couple of episodes.

So we all can continue down this path of insanity together!...I am putting all of my trust in @LoriLori as well as full responsiblity for whatever sound mind we are left with afterwards! Woman Surprised Woman LOL

@MyShadowLove, thank you for your trust and especially for the perfect, awesome GIF.  That really is all of us!   If we're still like that after tomorrow night's episode I will fear your wrath!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote: 

@MyShadowLove, thank you for your trust and especially for the perfect, awesome GIF.  That really is all of us!   If we're still like that after tomorrow night's episode I will fear your wrath!  Smiley Happy

@LoriLori...

Woman Happy Not to worry, I'm not known to be a wrathful type of person....but just may tend to get a wee bit overly unhinged though at this point...LOL

BETTE DAVIS WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? (1962) - Stock Image

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

This show is so difficult to follow and I'm starting to lose interest in it fast because of that. I don't like shows that force me to over-concentrate...it's tiresome.

Honored Contributor

So I just watched last night's episode and have to say, the article got it wrong, Corinna is NOT Fauna's aunt, Tamar's sister. In the episode the detective roughing up Jay mention the ex wife got his license plate. Also Fauna was asked by her family how was the meeting with her grandma. Finally in the third episode Fauna and Jay's paths finally crossed.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I just watched last night's episode and have to say, the article got it wrong, Corinna is NOT Fauna's aunt, Tamar's sister. In the episode the detective roughing up Jay mention the ex wife got his license plate. Also Fauna was asked by her family how was the meeting with her grandma. Finally in the third episode Fauna and Jay's paths finally crossed.

I just re-read the article and it doesn't say Corinna is Fauna's aunt unless we're talking about a different article which I doubt because Corinna was really Dorothy Huston-Hodel, Hodel's third wife who the show calls Corinna because he married two Dorothys, Tamar's mother is Dorothy Anthony and then he married Dorothy Huston-Hodel.

The aunt to which the article refers -- and I get it this is super convoluted -- is her black "aunt."  Part of the family she grew up thinking was her real family.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This show is so difficult to follow and I'm starting to lose interest in it fast because of that. I don't like shows that force me to over-concentrate...it's tiresome.

I liked parts of last night.  When she snuck into the house (a Frank Lloyd Wright House, incredible!) I was very afraid for her and those scenes had my skin appropriately crawling.  And the fetish scenes creeped me out so bad.

And Hodel, every time I see his face I get viscerally afraid, especially when he was having sex in front of Tamar and when he's playing cat-and-mouse with Fauna.

The storyline with the reporter is confusing me.  The bar fight, I have no idea why that happened.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  @SilleeMee   @MyShadowLove   @Judaline   @Annabellethecat66

Now there's a Podcast:  Roots of Evil:  The True Story of the Hodel Family and the Black Dahlia.

I think that's Steve Hodel, son of "Corinna"-really-Dorothy Huston-Hodel, behind it.  I downloaded it and will let you all know.

I looked at Steve Hodel's books on how his father killed The Black Dahlia and other stuff -- they are ridiculously expensive.  They seem to be self-published.  The prices are outrageous.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove  as much as I enjoyed parts of it and disliked the other parts I'm looking forward to a new GIF from you so we know where you're at!