Honored Contributor

Re: New Limited Series I Am The Night

Thanks, @Judaline.  Always a class act and a dear friend.  I've taken to putting sources in my books like they're term papers because there's so much misinformation around here.

Not your show.  @SilleeMee  @MyShadowLove   hope it gave you some clarity in what I'll say is the most confusing show I've ever watched..

@Jordan2  you as well and if you haven't time to read the entire long (and at one pont repetitive) post the answer to your question is that Corinna was actually Dorothy Huston-Hodel. 

The link to Steve Hodel's site explains they changed his mother's name for the show.  That would be I suppose because his second wife (first was common-law), Tamar's mother, was also named Dorothy.

Also Fauna's autobiography says she was white, so why the show isn't just coming out with it is beyond me.

I also said I think Steve Hodel's story is way more interesting.  They could have worked Fauna into that and made a better show.

Honored Contributor

Who is the guy in the car that is following Fauna around?? 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

He works for Creepy Grandpa who is also following her around. 

Found this and it nicely clears up the ambiguity around Corinna, the guy in the car, her race and Hodel.  As long as you know her name wasn't really Corinna but Dorothy Huston-Hodel. 

Even the writer of this recap, who got so much, is not clear on whether Corinna (Dorothy) was married to or divorced from Hodel when the scenes with her and Fauna take place.

Tamar on the phone, hmmmm.... 

https://hiddenremote.com/2019/02/05/night-episode-2-recap-hodel-hard-place/

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  Well, hello.  Haven't seen you post much in some time.  

I've missed reading your posts.  Hope all is well with you sweet girl!Heart

I've been meaning to check this out.  I get People Magazine and Entertainment Weekly and they rave about this show!

I will probably be looking for something to watch this weekend.  

I think I'll check it out.  Especially, since so many of you (whom I respect and enjoy your posts) comments about this show.

I really like Chris Pine.  I think he's nice to look at.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

He works for Creepy Grandpa who is also following her around. 

Found this and it nicely clears up the ambiguity around Corinna, the guy in the car, her race and Hodel.  As long as you know her name wasn't really Corinna but Dorothy Huston-Hodel. 

Even the writer of this recap, who got so much, is not clear on whether Corinna (Dorothy) was married to or divorced from Hodel when the scenes with her and Fauna take place.

Tamar on the phone, hmmmm.... 

https://hiddenremote.com/2019/02/05/night-episode-2-recap-hodel-hard-place/

@LoriLori

According to that link you posted, Tamar is the step-daughter of Corinna...just as she told Fauna but not in those exact words. So who is Tamar's biological mother? This is getting so complex and makes me want to rip my head off!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  hi!  It's been ages!!!!  Miss you too...do you still have the same email?

The best I can say about the show is that the atmosphere, the acting and directing are terrific. 

Chris Pine seems new to me but looking at him on IMDB I see he's been in things I've watched but nothing as a star.  He is so easy on the eyes!  

And as you see and everyone, the first two episodes have brought us constant confusion but looking up Chris Pine I found this IMDB promo for the show with these breadcrumbs and they give me hope the show will cohere, Black Dahlia and all:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls025720609/videoplayer/vi1763621401?ref_=nm_tv_wot3vod2_i_1

And because of that I'm again notifying @Jordan2  @SilleeMee  @MyShadowLove  and  @Judaline  because this promo looks soooo good and has lots we haven't seen.

Stick with it and remember this thread after you watch the first two LOL.  And know you won't have long to wait if you'll be home Monday night.  It's the halfway point and I'm thinking things will start to intersect in a way we can follow (knowing the background).

I have never watched a show that required all this research.  But the IMDB promo has me jazzed again.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  that's true.  Tamar's mother is the wife Hodel was married to before he married "Corinna."  Both women are named Dorothy.  Tamar's mother's maiden name was Dorothy Anthony. 

Corinna was previously married to John Huston and was known as Dorothy Huston-Hodel.  Per the link on Steve Hodel's site they changed his mother's name to Corinna I'm assuming because the story is confusing enough without two wives named Dorothy.

Now I'm thinking Corinna was trying to poison the well for Fauna regarding Tamar.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  Yes it's the same!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori@SilleeMee@Judaline@Jordan2....

Joan Crawford GIF - Joan Crawford Cray GIFs

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

LOL! Woman LOL That's pretty much how I feel about it, too. Hope things get more clearer but who knows.