Honored Contributor

Re: New Limited Series I Am The Night

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Okay, I'm really confused reading some of the replies here...On Sunday night (1/27), the "Sneak Peek" was on.

When I tuned in for Episode 1 last night, I found it to be a repeat of the "Sneak Peek".

It sounds like others saw an entirely different episode than I did last night?

@MyShadowLove

What I saw last night was the same as the sneak peak...no different to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Okay, I'm really confused reading some of the replies here...On Sunday night (1/27), the "Sneak Peek" was on.

When I tuned in for Episode 1 last night, I found it to be a repeat of the "Sneak Peek".

@MyShadowLove

What I saw last night was the same as the sneak peak...no different to me.

@SilleeMee...Thanks for clarifying that for me...I was beginning to wonder what I had missed...I must have misunderstood a couple of the posts.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

The episode that was aired Sunday night was the same episode as Monday. I think TNT ( it might have also been on TBS) thought the SAG Awards was a good lead in and gave us a sneak peek to lure us in. 

Honored Contributor

The first installment didn't exactly reel me in... but I'll give it another shot before making up my mind whether or not to fininsh it, given it's not a long series.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The first installment didn't exactly reel me in... but I'll give it another shot before making up my mind whether or not to fininsh it, given it's not a long series.

I only watched half of my recording. I don't know if I want to continue. The Black Dahlia has always fascinated me, so anything concerning it I have to see. But this is weird-don't like the way they switch from Chris Pine back to the girl but I realize they are setting up the story. Chris Pine has aged since I saw him last. Wow. Last time I saw him it was about a train and Denzel Washington was trying to stop it, lol

@LoriLori Did you ever see the docu on the Black Dahlia where it was intimated that Walter Huston was involved in the killing? Blew my mind and was very creepy,the whole thing-it was some time ago that I watched it. I agree with you it had to be a doctor but why???? That is the question.

Honored Contributor

I think Elizabeth Short

Spoiler
... the 'Black Dahlia', was fetishized by not just one but more than one person and because of that I think her body was cut in half for the purpose of sharing necrophilia. As far as the facial mutilation...that too goes back to the sexual part.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

If you're referring to me @MyShadowLove:

The preview was 18 minutes

The show was 68 minutes

I was confused by how much time was spent with the high school stuff, and the boyfriend thrown in. 

And Chris Pine's character is made up and I was confused by that and he didn't exactly get clear or quality screen time yet -- but knowing already took the sting out of it going into the full episode and made a big difference for me.

And I didn't see the end of the 18 minutes.  Did it end with her finding her birth certicate?  Or going to Hollywood?    Watching the full show was a very different experience for me and I'm so glad I did.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I only watched half of my recording. I don't know if I want to continue. The Black Dahlia has always fascinated me, so anything concerning it I have to see. But this is weird-don't like the way they switch from Chris Pine back to the girl but I realize they are setting up the story. Chris Pine has aged since I saw him last. Wow. Last time I saw him it was about a train and Denzel Washington was trying to stop it, lol

@LoriLori Did you ever see the docu on the Black Dahlia where it was intimated that Walter Huston was involved in the killing? Blew my mind and was very creepy,the whole thing-it was some time ago that I watched it. I agree with you it had to be a doctor but why???? That is the question.

@Judaline

Hi!  Never saw that documentary.  Had to look up Walter Huston.  

Chris Pine's character is made up but I don't mind.  I'm all in with this because I truly believe this man is the one and anyway the true story of Tamar and Fauna and also Hodel is fascinating.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  Hi back!! I'm thinking now the suspect could have been his son, the director John Huston. Whoever it was was a real creep in that show. I keep forgetting you're not an old movie fan. (mostly) It's just been too long since I saw it and my eras are probably wrong. It's haunting, the whole thing. So I always thought he dunnit,whichever guy he was but didn't want to convict the wrong Huston, lol. We'll never know and I couldn't find anything on it except somebody in the Hodel family having been married to John Huston. This post is kind of puzzling as I read it over but you get my gist.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  

I believe it was Hodel (actually George Hodel Jr. was his full name).  There is evidence.  There is a dying declaration from someone.  His own son was an LAPD cop who believed it. 

One of the things that points to Hodel is because the way he cut the body, called hemicorpectomy,, which is cutting a body in half wtihout breaking any bones. When Dr. Hodel attended medical school students were taught how to do that (why?)  but by the time Elizabeth Short was bisected schools were no longer teaching it.

There's other stuff.  Google it.  I would put it all here but even though this is true life if you think it's spoilers I won't.

She's probably the most famous corpse ever with JonBenet Ramsey.  I will never understand how JonBenet's autopsy photos got out and are all over the internet.  Those poor girls.   It's so sad, so disgusting, that their violated bodies are available for all to see.