Esteemed Contributor

New Lifetime Show called Phrogging?

First, never heard of the term.  From what I gather this series will be about people who find out other people are secretly living in their homes.

Is that a "thing?"  Has it ever been a thing?  Goodness gracious.  I intend to check it out.  I find this sooo hard to believe but anything is possible.

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/phrogging-hider-in-my-house

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Lifetime Show called Phrogging?

This may make me grateful to be in an apartment.

Trusted Contributor

I guess it does happen. There was a movie a few years back called "Parasite". It was from S. Korea and if I remember correctly, it won an Oscar.

The premise was phrogging. The movie was such a great commentary on the "haves and have-nots" that I could ignore the very sudden, violent ending.

Scary stuff.

Honored Contributor

I lived in an apartment where a single open attic space extended over all of the apartments. Each apartment had an attic access in the ceiling but most of the tenants did not go up there. Those attic access points were there for maintenance...so we all thought.

One day my apartment was burglarized and things were stolen. Found out later that one of the other tenants was stealing things by going into the attic and climbing down into other apartments. He was caught and arrested. I got my stuff back thankfully.

Esteemed Contributor

There was an episode of some show that I did catch (not from the beginning though) where a woman found a man hiding in her closet.  He was in her closet to steal her clothing.  This too, was on lifetime.  Might be the same series.  This was on lifetime!  That MIGHT be the first episode.  Not sure, as I caught the tail end of it and didn't bother to see if it was coming on again.  

She said she didn't call the police when she found him initially because she was afraid he would do something to her.  She said she talked to him for about ten minutes.  The show cut away to show the real guy with her clothing and some weird looking wig on. Up to that point (the scene was being reinacted by actors).  The true victim and criminal's face was shown with him sitting on the floor of her closet with some sort of wig on.

He was arrested after he left.  She told the police he was in her closet.....I they checked it out and arrested him.  I think she had a roomate and after that incident they left the apartment.

Duhhh, I'm going to check my On Demand listings to see catch up and see if's the first episode.  From what LMN website says the first episode was on the 18th!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I lived in an apartment where a single open attic space extended over all of the apartments. Each apartment had an attic access in the ceiling but most of the tenants did not go up there. Those attic access points were there for maintenance...so we all thought.

One day my apartment was burglarized and things were stolen. Found out later that one of the other tenants was stealing things by going into the attic and climbing down into other apartments. He was caught and arrested. I got my stuff back thankfully.

I lived in a TH in a situation like that, @SilleeMee.  The access was in my closet and made me nervous.

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

It creeped me out just thinking about him being up above my living space probably spying on me to figure out when I was gone so he could steal from me. I moved out that same week. 

Frequent Contributor

There's a movie from 1989 called Hider in the House. Gary Busey plays the guy hiding. We often joke about Gary being in the attic when we hear a noise.

It's scary to think that this actually happens enough to have a show with multiple episodes. 

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I lived in a TH in a situation like that, @SilleeMee.  The access was in my closet and made me nervous.

There was a murder episode a few years back on Forensic Files where a tenant gained access through just such a space above other apartments, unbeknownst to the other tenants.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

There have been real  stories on some of the true crime shows where a rapist gets into someone's home and is waiting  for the female homeowner/tenant when they get home.

Sick people  in this world.