Honored Contributor

Re: New Lifetime Show called Phrogging?

I am watching this series and I have to say this has really creeped me out!  This is the scariest thing I have watched in a long time!  If you live alone, and are prone to being kind of nervous about it, maybe you shouldn't watch it!  I never really thought this was a thing but obviously it happens more than you think!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

A new episode comes on tonight on Lifetime 8/1

I didn't get a chance to catch up this weekend, I went to the Lifetime website to see if I watch from there but it told me to log on to my Cable Provider's credentials to do so.  I have no such thing, so I said to heck with it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I am watching this series and I have to say this has really creeped me out!  This is the scariest thing I have watched in a long time!  If you live alone, and are prone to being kind of nervous about it, maybe you shouldn't watch it!  I never really thought this was a thing but obviously it happens more than you think!  

It blew my mind.  I didn't even know this was something so widespread.  Of course, we are aware that people break into your home to steal.  However, that's typically done when they think no one is home or they come in to get what they want and leave.  This sounds more like someone wanting to "live" or hideout in your home unbeknownst to you.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching Episode # 3 (I guess).

How is only 9 months in jail and $1700 going to get peace of mind back for the people this knuckle head ruined the lives of?  He was living with another family who were next door neighbors to the mother and her children.  They wanted him to leave.  He didn't really leave because he left his stuff there.  Instead he went to the neighbor's home to set up shop in their attic.  Laptops go missing.  MP3 players go missing, food and clothing go missing.

That's not enough jail time and that money sure won't make them feel any better.  I'll bet this family has been scarred for life.  Burglary, theft, trespassing and all he got was 9 months in jail?

Trusted Contributor

The first time I had heard about phrogging was during covid quarantine. We were watching the movie I see you with Helen Hunt. 

It is so creepy and frightening.   

Respected Contributor

This also comes on the A&E network

Honored Contributor

I keep seeing commercials about this show and was going to start a thread about it but found this one. I thought it hadn't even started yet. I've heard of squatters but not phroggers. For those that have watched, do you feel like it's worth watching? I'm not normally into this kind of show, but for some reason it looks interesting yet creepy.