Valued Contributor

I gave the second of the series a shot...No suspence..

Knew who the killer was in the first 5 minutes..

Anthony Anderson seems so phony and over dramatic..

Maybe his Spanx or corset was too tight.

None of the actors have chemistry.

I'll go back to the old re-runs!

Honored Contributor

Re: New Law and Order..3/3/2022

After the one last week,I decided not to watch. Thanks for the update.

Super Contributor

I agree!! I’m such a fan of the old Law and Order that know I’ll never love this! Hope at least I can like it😊
Honored Contributor

The casting was awful, the acting not good, as was the writing, which seemed like a first draft. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have loved and watched all the iterations of the Law and Order franchises and still do.  

We have this one on DVR, but it is severely lacking in all that you have mentioned.   No chemistry among the actors and the over acting of some make it seem like it is an amateur production.  

The writing is also lacking.  The lead prosecutor wasn't asking the witness questions but instead he was testifying.  The defense did not object. I remarked that the writers need to go and review the original Perry Mason episodes to see how an attorney should behave in a courtroom.  

Camryn Mannheim, who in the past has been enjoyable to watch, appears to be "phoning in" her performance.  Her repetitious mannerisms are annoying, as are those of the lead prosecutor's.  

Sam Waterston, ❤️, couldn't even help this sinking ship.  

I'll probably keep watching and hoping for improvement.   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I deleted my recording timer after watching the first episode.

Respected Contributor

There was not one line of dialogue that seemed original. It must have been written by a computer. How did D*I*C*K Wolf approve this?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I watched it live last night. I am not an Anthony Anderson fan and never will be. I wish they would promote him to some other position and replace him with a stronger actor (Jesse L. Martin.) I know he brings down Jeffery Donovan's impact. He successfully carried "Burn Notice," so I know his acting ability is there.

The ADA was a total miscast. He is just blah. I think the 2nd chair could be adequate if they hadn't done such a horrible job of casting the lead of the "Order" half of the show. I will watch next week because the show is still stronger than much of what is being offered by the major networks in prime time.

Honored Contributor

I watched it one night for a short time and went to another channel.  I thought it was bad too!

Super Contributor

I miss LT Van Buren!! She meant business and don’t get that feel with Camryn Mannheim. Of course it is the writing snd sometimes best to leave things as they were.