Trusted Contributor

Re: New Judy Garland bio-pic

I was unable to find a good source as to who's voice will be used.  Don't forget Renee did her own singing in the movie Chicago.  I would not be surprised if she did her own singing.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

I was unable to find a good source as to who's voice will be used.  Don't forget Renee did her own singing in the movie Chicago.  I would not be surprised if she did her own singing.

@JillyMarie  I had completely forgotten that.  I'll bet you're right, and she will do her own singing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I'm the odd one out since I enjoy Judy's music but can't see Renee Z. in the role.  Sort of surprised about this because I figured there isn't much else to say about Judy that hasn't already been said/written.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I was wondering the same.  They should dub the voice.  Judy Garland's was spectacular. Renee might be able to sing, but not like Judy Garland.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't picture Renee Zellweger portraying Judy Garland although I do like her as an actress.

I did like Judy Davis in Life with Judy Garland-Me and My Shadows, it was a t.v two part miniseries back in 2001.  I thought she did an excellent job portraying the older Judy if I remember correctly another actress(s) protrayed her in her younger years