Contributor

I like Ken and would be fine with Buzzy Cohen too.

I wish Mayim wouldn't hesitate after an answer to say that's correct.  I'm guessing she has to look down at a card or something to be certain.

I suspect that the reason Ken doesn't hesitate like that is that he probably knows the answer already.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@candyagain He sounds like a sore loser who needs a job!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Love my grandkids   @candyagain 

Levar has a lot of loyal fans who cheered him on, but he wasn't anywhere near the top of the list of new host candidates.   He just has a lot of fans.  

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

NPR:

LeVar Burton Entertainment has partnered with Entertainment One (eOne), a studio owned by game company Hasbro, to turn the beloved board game Trivial Pursuit into a televised game show, eOne announced in a press release Tuesday. Burton is slated to host, as well as serve as co-executive producer, the release states.

"Trivial Pursuit is one of the best-known brands in the gaming universe. I am thrilled to have partnered with Hasbro and eOne to bring this beloved game to market as a premium show for television," Burton said in Tuesday's release.

Burton, who's become a beloved pop culture icon due to his roles in shows like Reading Rainbow and Star Trek: The Next Generation, was among those who auditioned to host Jeopardy! following the death of long-time host Alex Trebek. Despite abundant support on social media, Burton was ultimately not chosen.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched Jeopardy since they started the revolving door of hosts.  How long has Alex been gone now?  Long enough for them to have chosen a perm host by now.  It's been ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I hope Mayim is not the permanent host, especially in light of the controversies involving her in the last few weeks. 

There was an answer she accepted that she should not have and one that should have been taken as correct that was not.  Both incidents affected the outcome of the game.  She waits too long to advise contestants if their answer was correct or not.

Ken would be fine but I was Team Buzzy when all the hosts were auditioning. 

As much as I like LeVar Burton, he was a train wreck when hosting.

@Mersha I totally agree with you.  She takes several seconds to tell them if the answer is correct.  She has made of costly mistakes to the contestants.  I hope it's Ken or Buzzy. 

Honored Contributor

While I really like Levar Burton, I don't think he was a good host for Jeopardy-maybe he was nervous, but he was not good. I did not see Buzzy, but my mom did and said he was really good! I don't care as much about the host as I do about the contestants and the questions!

I enjoy the show, but I don't feel I have to watch it every evening.....I also wish they would cap how long a contestant can stay on and keep winning!

I like Mayim and Ken, they are both good and very competent to me, but I do notice how Mayim does hesitate sometimes, probably to check a card to see if answer was correct. 

Honored Contributor

When a contestant has a winning streak, more watch and ratings go up. I don't want limits, and it would seem that I'm far from alone in that. Jeopardy is unique among game shows, fans get invested in the contestants who continue to defeat their opponents. Jeopardy is the only game show that interests me.

Respected Contributor

@primroses wrote:

I like Ken and would be fine with Buzzy Cohen too.

I wish Mayim wouldn't hesitate after an answer to say that's correct.  I'm guessing she has to look down at a card or something to be certain.

I suspect that the reason Ken doesn't hesitate like that is that he probably knows the answer already.  LOL

Maybe she is using an earpiece from a producer? 

Apparently if there is a flub, the show often does a redo of a clue.

Also read that the host will not be on camera when reading a clue. This is in case a pronunciation error or other misread, then the film is edited.