Esteemed Contributor

Being old, 70, I don’t know who Eve is but I tuned in when she started on The Talk. I really liked Aisha Tyler because she’s so bright and perceptive. Eve...not so much. So far she seems to add nothing to the conversation. Maybe she will come into her own over time. The Talk is pure fluff, escapism in mid-day. I don’t watch it for edification but rather to get away from my problems and go brainless for awhile. However, I expect some sharp chat from the hosts and I cannot yet figure out why this new host was chosen.

Contributor

I totally agree.  She didn't impress me when she was a guest host.  I find her opinons dull and boring....saying something just to say something.  Hope she doesn/t last long.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Host on The Talk

[ Edited ]

Funny you ladies mention Eve because I just came this same conclusion today while Eve was sharing in a discussion. She doesn't add a thing to the show.  Not interesting at all.  A total Blah!

Aisha was a loss to the show in my opinion.  She could speak on a wide range of topics and when she spoke you wanted to hear what she had to say.  My only problem with her was that sometimes she spoke with lightning speed.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

I agree with the rest of you.  I’m not seeing any chemistry with Eve and the other ladies.  I was really hoping that Carnie Wilson would fill Aisha’s spot.

Esteemed Contributor

While giving myself a pedicure today, the Talk was on talking  about the s##ual harassment cases, saying these men in power pick on the young girls because they are afraid to speak up, where the older women is not. Partly true, but who are they KIdding, the men don,t wAnt older women,  the young chicks is their attraction.  HAS been down through the ages and will continue to be.  Most of us have been there.

When I was fighting my harassment case  in the 90,s, not one  woman stood up for me, or would speak to me.  After I won, I  received phone calls from two different women vsking me how to go about it.  I hung up on them.  

New Contributor

...maybe they should have left the seat open and not filled it with a full-time head of air.  Translation..."air-head".  I quit watching. I personally enjoy Sara's input and enjoyed her increased involvement after the "I's" exit.  I was thrilled that the "I" left! Eve fills the "I" personality but I never liked that part of her. She had some smarts but never knew when to shut up. She was very disrespectful to the other hosts by acting like she was the only one on the panel with anything of value to contribute.

Honored Contributor

Sara and Aisha, if that's who the "I" person is you're referring to @FrugalAndWise total opposites and imo, balanced the panel because Sara comes across as dull because of her speaking style.  Mrs. O seems to be more of a me-itis person than Aisha or just as bad.

I agree that they should have left that spot open as a revolving chair for guest hosts.  I'll be surprised if Eve lasts.  She doesn't bring anything different to the table.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I still don't know who Eve is and I have watched a few times.  Who is she????

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls, I know very little except that she used to have half hour comedy show on tv and that she is/was a rapper.  She used to wear her hair blonde.  Nice person, I'm sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@colliegirls, I know very little except that she used to have half hour comedy show on tv and that she is/was a rapper.  She used to wear her hair blonde.  Nice person, I'm sure.

Thank you!