Honored Contributor

I remember the original....I would call it trash/low class TV viewing.  

Respected Contributor

Re: New Gong Show

[ Edited ]

I will not be watching this show again.  It was horrible.  The act that got 10s was stupid it was just plain stupid.  I DVR'ed it to the end and couldn't watch it. I thought I was going to throw up w/the banana couple.

Honored Contributor

I remember watching the original show.  Back then there were very few channels, something that may have partially affected what we watched.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, I just watched a short YouTube vid with this Tommy guy and, while I couldn't pick out who he is, it was clearly obvious that he's all prosthetics and fake hair.    Interesting concept, but I wonder if it would have been better for people to not know who he is, or to know who he is.  Once you know he's MM, then it makes it kind of weird.

Honored Contributor

I'm kind of ashamed to admit I watched this show. The acts for the most part were like rejects from America's Got Talent, it was like a car accident that you just couldn't look away! I didn't agree with how some of the acts were scored, some were given too high a score, some low. Needless to say I won't be watching again. 

Esteemed Contributor

There were several shows with goofy...silly comedy besides the Gong Show........."Laugh in"....and Hee Haw""  would never make it in today's world but my parents would sit and watch them and laugh....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Gong Show

[ Edited ]

I watched it not expecting much.  I remember the original show.  However, I kind of enjoyed it.  I don’t know if the panel changes each week.  The panel’s expressions and comments were funny.  Some of the acts were very creative, if not cringe worthy.  One woman put a live tarantula spider in her mouth and played the harmonica, claiming the spider was playing the harmonica.   Seeing the panel and audience reactions was funny.   Some people had more relatable talents.  I thought there was a good mix of talent and crazy.  I didn’t always agree with the scores which varied wildly.  The same act would get a 10 from one judge and a zero from another.     

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm kind of ashamed to admit I watched this show. The acts for the most part were like rejects from America's Got Talent, it was like a car accident that you just couldn't look away! I didn't agree with how some of the acts were scored, some were given too high a score, some low. Needless to say I won't be watching again. 

@Jordan2  DH and I felt the same way.  Thought the guy with the jump rope should have won over the yucky "banana couple".  Eww, just eww to them!Cat Surprised

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  DH and I felt the same way.  Thought the guy with the jump rope should have won over the yucky "banana couple".  Eww, just eww to them!Cat Surprised

@Pandalady, the woman who sang opera didn't deserve to get a score of 0 from Zack, and Will gave the guy that played the piano a 4, he gave lesser acts higher scores. This show was just terrible on so many levels. It's amazing the kinds of shows that get the greenlight from networks.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pandalady, the woman who sang opera didn't deserve to get a score of 0 from Zack, and Will gave the guy that played the piano a 4, he gave lesser acts higher scores. This show was just terrible on so many levels. It's amazing the kinds of shows that get the greenlight from networks.

@Jordan2  Agreed!  I thought Zack gave her a 0 because she sang to Wil and not him (jealousy, LOL).  For me, I believe viewing this show...One and done!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I remember the original Gong show and how it drew a huge crowd in the student union pub at the college where I attended. I thought the show was so stupid funny.Woman Very Happy