Honored Contributor

New Food Network Shows

[ Edited ]

Two new shows : Buddy vs Duff. Baking cakes to see who is the real king of cakes  Smiley Happy    March 10

And:  Family Food Showdown with Valerie Bertinelli. Families competing in cooking challenges.  Tonight

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

Thank goodness! I am tired of Guy Fieri everyday...all day! I guess i feel like there needs to be a balance of game shows and real live cooking demos and instruction!! Everything does not need to be a game show or a reality show.

Honored Contributor

@Shiloh09   I totally agree!!  I never watched this channel until I got into the Kids Baking Championship. So then saw the ads for the new shows coming on  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I enjoy both Valerie and Duff.  I wish them well in their new shows.

Honored Contributor

I rmrber when Buddy was on that channel and the lady w/the thingie in her hair was so mean to him. I am glad he has his own show. I think she had a British accent.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

None of these types of shows interest me.  Bring back David Rosengarten or somebody who talks about cooking that has something to do with food and what people really eat, drink or think about.

Teach me something I didn't know or that might be useful to me! 

Respected Contributor

Re: New Food Network Shows

[ Edited ]

As much as I like Duff and Buddy and reality shows on FN, I will not be watching.

And the Family Food Showdown, I think it's  just on tonight.  I looked for upcoming shows on the station but didn't see any.  I didn't see the tv schedule on their website. 

Honored Contributor

I am going to DVR the first episode and see how I like it. I've ALWAYS liked Duff and enjoyed Duff and Valerie on the kids baking shows.

Honored Contributor

They really need to shake things up on that channel.  Not that I do t.like Duff, etc.  Are there no upcoming chefs.

Valued Contributor

I just started watching the Kids Baking show.......makes me laugh and those kids are really talented. 

Also watch Beat Bobby Flay and just saw The Kitchen for the first time a week ago. 

Learned how to use the "On Demand" feature on our cable provider so I can go back and watch previous episodes. 

I do miss some of the other cooking shows and still watch re-runs of Jacque Pepen on public television.