Respected Contributor

Re: New Flip or Flop Show

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@lovesthedesert Sorry for the loss of your son.  Lots of marriages just run their course and folks move on. 

The Vegas couple mentioned was Scott and Amy Yancy in Flipping Vegas. 

Sorry, I didn't care at all for the Fixer Upper show or that couple.  Now, THEY have lots of ego in mho. 

Never cared for the show over in Boston with the men always fighting and yelling at each other - not why I watch rehab shows. 

I did enjoy Nicole Curtis on Rehab Addict.  Don't think she's doing more shows though. 

Miami Flip is also of interest.  Carolina is full of energy and I am impressed as to how she renovates and stages the homes she re-does. 

Zombie House flip isn't too bad but, it's the same old shows over and over. 

Sorry, but I totally disagree. They appear to be very down to earth to me. I also follow them on social media, and they don't come across that way AT ALL. The Flip or Flop couple came across as arrogant, imo. They always rubbed me the wrong way. He acted like he knew everything, and she acted very full of herself. Again, JMO. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FUTURE Okay.  The Flip or Flop couple weren't actually going to be a tv personality.  Christina didn't want to be in the show but Tarek sent in a short video at the 11th hour so to speak.  HE wanted to just see how things went never expecting to be chosen. He wanted the exposure and the money paid for their appearances  They were selected, and well, you know the rest

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

Yes when she cheated with their contractor

Awkward!

@elated wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I believe these shows are based on the original Flip & Flop series, but I think the original will continue. I enjoyed the show, BUT I have a real problem with people who get involved in affairs while they are still married, especially so when there are children involved. The show seems phony to me now. And the ever arrogant Christina makes everything grey and white anyway, so things are very predictable on their show.

I read that Flip & Flop will no longer be on in 2017. I guess it is hard to work with your ex and still maintain a false relationship.

Flip or Flop will be back with a new couple.  They will be doing Las Vegas. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am so bored with the current programming on HGTV. Here are some of the old shows from HGTV that I watched and miss and would love to see some of these come back.

Designer's Challenge

Design On A Dime

Divine Design

Color Splash

Hidden Potential

Designed to sell

Designing for the Sexes

We have way too many of the same type shows on HGTV right now and it has become mundane and boring!!!!

I'm with @CANDLEQUEEN .  The current line-up is a drag.  I don't watch any of it anymore.  They've gone from design to real estate.   One of these days I'm going to go stark raving mad when the property brothers appear.  They are just too cute.  Not! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I pretty much tune into HGTV shows somewhere near the end.  I do like to see finished products, but I don't much like the cutesy banter between the co-hosts.  It's not cute and it adds nothing for me. 

I also don't really care how they get to that finish line, most likely because I'm pretty sure I've long ago passed the stage in my life for major renovation projects.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@FUTURE Okay.  The Flip or Flop couple weren't actually going to be a tv personality.  Christina didn't want to be in the show but Tarek sent in a short video at the 11th hour so to speak.  HE wanted to just see how things went never expecting to be chosen. He wanted the exposure and the money paid for their appearances  They were selected, and well, you know the rest

Christina now has or is developing a line of cosmetics, so she's ready to move on.  Wanna guess how long until she appears on some home shopping channel? She knows the power of TV. 

I think that Scott Yancy on the Las Vegas show is one of the most obnoxious people on TV, although it may be an act.  Don't know how wife, Amy, works with him. 

Honored Contributor

Does anyone like Texas Flip and Move?  It's my Friday night guilty pleasure.  It's like visiting with "home folks".  I spent about 33 years in Texas.  It's kind of gone to pot since I left in 1999.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think that Scott Yancy on the Las Vegas show is one of the most obnoxious people on TV, although it may be an act.  Don't know how wife, Amy, works with him. 

After watching a few of those "Flipping Vegas" shows, I can't imagine it was good for their flipping business, the way he always wanted to cheap out on everything.  I sure wouldn't want one of their flipped houses, the way he just wanted to slap some paint on it & call it good!  Both of them were pretty obnoxious, IMO.  I couldn't stand the wife's voice.

Respected Contributor

I liked the Flip or Flop show at first until I realized that they always ended the ame.  They sold and made money.   I like the one where they decide to stay or move after the remodel.  At least that one keeps me guessing what they will do.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hgtv has gone downhill.  Boring.