Esteemed Contributor

This April, a new couple will take over the Flip or Flop show in Las Vegas. 

I believe there will also be 2-3 other Flip or Flop shows released along with this new couples series. 

I look forward to viewing the before's and after's. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I believe these shows are based on the original Flip & Flop series, but I think the original will continue. I enjoyed the show, BUT I have a real problem with people who get involved in affairs while they are still married, especially so when there are children involved. The show seems phony to me now. And the ever arrogant Christina makes everything grey and white anyway, so things are very predictable on their show.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Flip or Flop Show

[ Edited ]

The other big show, Fixer Upper, is also going to have a spin-off.  The man who does Joanna's woodworking, Bob(?) Harp and his wife will be the hosts.  I'm tired of both Fixer Upper and Flip or Flop.  As Perkup says, they all decorate the same every show so if you've seen one, you've seen them all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I believe these shows are based on the original Flip & Flop series, but I think the original will continue. I enjoyed the show, BUT I have a real problem with people who get involved in affairs while they are still married, especially so when there are children involved. The show seems phony to me now. And the ever arrogant Christina makes everything grey and white anyway, so things are very predictable on their show.

@Perkup In defense of Christina.  The shows are scripted.  The hair and make up and clothing is selected for the couple.  The grey and white happens to be the 'thing' that folks want in their homes today.  I would guess the vendors who supply the goods influence the shows producers. 

The affairs are not my business.  It's their personal business and they happen to be on television.  The many affairs of those married today are not put on television for the public to know about.  Those two just happen to be in the public eye.  Tarek has shared that Christina put up with a lot being married to him - even days when they didn't have any money to buy food and eat a meal.  She still stood by him.  There were other hardships as well. 

Trusted Contributor

Tarek and Christina have only been married 7 years and they are getting divorced.  They've gone thru infertily problems and his 2 cancers.  Can't believe they've just given up on their marriage after that.  Marriage is hard work I know have been married 46 years and even lost a 33 yr old son to cancer. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch F or F any longer.  Since the original couple split, the shows seem very phony now.  

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know the name of the Fixer Upper spin-off show.  I heard about it a while ago, but can't remember the name.  It might be something to check out.

What I can't stand anymore is the Property Brothers.  I turn the channel as soon as I hear it's on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I read that Flip & Flop will no longer be on in 2017. I guess it is hard to work with your ex and still maintain a false relationship.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Flip or Flop Show

[ Edited ]

I'd really prefer to see HGTV go back to doing some actual decorating and curb appeal shows, instead of their usual "more and more and more of the same because it worked once" formula...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'd really prefer to see HGTV go back to doing some actual decorating and curb appeal shows, instead of their usual "more and more and more of the same because it worked once" formula...

I enjoyed the Curb Appeal Show when it aired.  It was probably my favorite.  I know one of the team was killed in a motorcycle accident and the show just stopped.  Maybe some day, it will return.