Esteemed Contributor

The entire cast will be returning for Dowton Abbey 2.  It will be in theaters this Christmas!

Love the show and movie!

Esteemed Contributor

Well that is interesting as I just recently finished that series.  I am really behind with watching a lot of these, I was never a "series" person until this past year.  I so enjoyed it though, right now I am watching Victoria on Netflix, which I also love.   It's all we did through the entire winter but it has been quite fun.  Just cannot wait for the delayed new seasons of Outlander, Last Kingdom, the Crown......on and on.  Thanks for letting us know Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@twinsister 

Wonderful!!!

Thanks for letting us know!  This is one of my all time favorite series!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I don't know what else they can do with that.  I probably will see it, but I'd rather they would have just left it rather than keep milking the plot.  

I would rather they have taken a new generation/cast and started the series with the beginning of WWII and focused on what was happening in England at the time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maggie Smith could make an appearance, though nothing is guaranteed.

Without spoiling too much, the end of the first film seemed to suggest that Smith was finished playing her iconic character, the Dowager Countess.

But  producer Gareth Neame says there's a chance that audiences could see her reprise her role once more.

"All I would say is that one of the things that's been commented on over the years about Downton is that we've had plenty of medical misdiagnoses," he said.

Honored Contributor

This is wonderful news !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Dowton Abbey Movie!

[ Edited ]

I'm so happy to hear this!  I just finished watching the series yesterday.  Never had an interest when it was originally on, but put the movie on one night recently when I couldn't sleep. It's funny because I put the movie on because I figured it would be boring and would help me sleep.  Instead I watched it all and started watching the series the next day.

I was very sad yesterday when I watched the final episode as I really fell in love with a lot of the characters.  This is definitely something to look forward to.  I really hope Maggie Smith is in it, love her!

Also wanted to add....BEST theme song ever!  Most beautiful piece of music, it gives me goosebumps every time I listen to the full score.

Trusted Contributor

I just got a nudge from the DA Facebook page about this. What a pleasant surprise on this dreary Monday morning.

Respected Contributor

@lkat 

I have the CD of the soundtrack and play it in my car all time.  Beautiful music.   As soon as I hear it I can almost feel my blood pressure lowering......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

It will be released December 22.  I can't wait!

In addition to the familiar faces, several new cast members will also join, including “Hannibal” star Hugh Dancy and “Guardians of the Galaxy” actor Laura Haddock, as well as British actor Dominic West, known for his roles in “The Wire” and “The Affair,” and French actor Nathalie Baye.