Trusted Contributor

New Documentary Tonight on CNN

Lady Boss:The Jackie Collins Story  9PM Sunday ET on CNN  The life and work of author Jackie Collins

Honored Contributor

Re: New Documentary Tonight on CNN

That should be interesting.  I've been seeing the promos for that and have it set it record.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I read many of her books back in the day.  I'll watch it. should be interesting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw that was going to be on and have it set to record.

My question is: When did CNN start getting into documentaries? I am not a CNN watcher normally, but have found in the past year that there were a few documentary or series type things that have caught my attention and watched. They were good, even though right now I can't remember which ones I watched! ha!

Perhaps it is to draw in more viewers, as I read on the Internet some months ago that their viewership had gone down quite a bit. This type of programming with a documentary is definitely drawing me in to their channel and perhaps that is the strategy.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

My question is: When did CNN start getting into documentaries?

@World Traveler 

For quite a few years now, since 2012.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

My question is: When did CNN start getting into documentaries? I am not a CNN watcher normally, but have found in the past year that there were a few documentary or series type things that have caught my attention and watched. They were good, even though right now I can't remember which ones I watched! ha!

Perhaps it is to draw in more viewers, as I read on the Internet some months ago that their viewership had gone down quite a bit. This type of programming with a documentary is definitely drawing me in to their channel and perhaps that is the strategy.

@World Traveler ....I don't tune into CNN at all, EXCEPT when they have documentaries I am interested in.  If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg do alot of these...executive producers?  I know Ken Burns does alot for PBS and I have enjoyed those.  

I loved when they did the decades and everything that happened during those times. I also loved the documentaries on late night shows.  Yes, I've heard CNN's ratings are low.  But, I'm sure it helps to have these types of shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittykatkay  I don't tune into any of those biased news channels. Just a bunch of ridiculous opinions. I watch the local news at six and that's it. But that documentary looks good. Hopefully it records.

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay @Mz iMac Thanks for the update on the docs for CNN. I will have to check them more frequently on TV Guide. It was accidental that I saw the Lady Boss listing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I think CNN has to do something....hope their documentaries are based on facts unlike their news reporting

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I think CNN has to do something....hope their documentaries are based on facts unlike their news reporting

@kelsey17  Hysterical.