QVC Customer Care

Re: New Documentary Tonight on CNN

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@kittykatkay  I don't tune into any of those biased news channels. Just a bunch of ridiculous opinions. I watch the local news at six and that's it. But that documentary looks good. Hopefully it records.

@proudlyfromNJ ....LOL, I totally agree with you.  Although, I do prefer an "animal station" over the others...ha ha.

I hope it records for you....you will thoroughly enjoy these documentaries.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@kittykatkay @Mz iMac Thanks for the update on the docs for CNN. I will have to check them more frequently on TV Guide. It was accidental that I saw the Lady Boss listing. 

@World Traveler ...you are welcome.  You can try on Sunday nights...alot of times they show repeats of these documentaries then.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch BBC News at 6 and network news at 6:30. I tune into the news channels...all of them...just to see what they cover, what they have to say, and where they stand. The differences are fascinating, sometimes even mind-boggling, but sticking my head in the sand or covering my ears so as not to hear those I disagree with would  be shirking my responsibilities as a citizen. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I watch BBC News at 6 and network news at 6:30. I tune into the news channels...all of them...just to see what they cover, what they have to say, and where they stand. The differences are fascinating, sometimes even mind-boggling, but sticking my head in the sand or covering my ears so as not to hear those I disagree with would  be shirking my responsibilities as a citizen

@Vivian 

I've also done that for years.   I like to know what is being reported ... everywhere.

Trusted Contributor

Before this goes off the rails, I'm the OP, I posted this because I thought some may like to know about the Jackie Collins documentary.  She was a very popular author also there's very little to watch on network or even cable in the summer.

As others have mentioned, CNN broadcasts original documentaries that have nothing at all to do with politics.  Watch them, or don't watch, you're choice.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

Before this goes off the rails, I'm the OP, I posted this because I thought some may like to know about the Jackie Collins documentary.  She was a very popular author also there's very little to watch on network or even cable in the summer.

As others have mentioned, CNN broadcasts original documentaries that have nothing at all to do with politics.  Watch them, or don't watch, you're choice.

@decaf 

Another series on CNN that has been very interesting was the one done by Lisa Ling.   It was called Life in America .... or "something" in America.   

Honored Contributor

@decaf - Thank you for posting about this.  I recorded it and just watched it today.  I really enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

A new one, starting this coming Sunday:

History of the Sitcom

According to myTivoGuide, there are two episodes playing Sunday, one right after the other.   Airings at 6 and7pm, and 9 and 10pm in my time zone.

I've been looking forward to this one.  I really like these series.   The Late Night one was really good and I watched most of the decades ones.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt  I haven't seen any commercials for that one, thanks for mentioning it here.  I'm DVRing it.  It should be good, I love being entertained and learning something too.