Honored Contributor

I like Diane Keaton and I doubt she has to do anything just for a paycheck at this point in her life.  Maybe she just enjoys acting and being active?!

I knew this was based on a real-life group of "mature" cheerleaders.  I suppose they're just making fools of themselves, too?  They should shut up, sit down and not get themselves noticed.  Shameful at their age.

Life is serious enough; I'm happy to go watch a silly movie for an hour or two.  (But I promise I'll be quiet.)

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Anyone else remember Keaton in the 1960s - before she was famous - in the deodorant commercials? for Hour after Hour.

I certainly do....seems like it was only yesterday, not half a century ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0M2JbyDsJM

@Pearlee   I do not remember seeing this commercial ....I grew up in the 60’s.  

I don’t remember that commercial either or even that deodorant.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@prisrob wrote:

This film is demeaning to seniors and an inane storyline.

what was Diane Keaton thinking?

@prisrob   I can only assume she was thinking of $$$$$$$.  Because this film is way beneath her.  In fact, Angelica Huston recently said as much about Keaton being in this film.

Anjelica Huston has a lot to say about a lot of people.  She's felt slighted by a lot of her peers in the past and she doesn't forget.  I wouldn't put much stock in her opinion.  I'll go see the movie and decide for myself.

Valued Contributor

Oops - I meant Jimmy Kimmel - But you knew that!

Esteemed Contributor

I seem to be a little tired of Diane Keaton. She plays the same type of roles in everything she does. I'm very grateful she wasn't chosen for Grace and Frankie, as I love it exactly as it is!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I don't care to watch anything with Diane Keaton.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just loved her with Nicholson in Somethings Gotta Give, one of my all time faves. 

@Shelbelle ...I've lost count of how many times I've watched this movie!...Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson are great together and two of my favorite actors!

I liked that movie except for the too-much crying and wailing Diane K. does in it.  It got old and tiresome after about 5 seconds of it, and it dragged the film down IMO.

Honored Contributor

All I can think of when I see this commercial is that she finally got her teeth fixed.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

All I can think of when I see this commercial is that she finally got her teeth fixed.

@LilacTree 

OMG that's the first thing I thought when the movie started last evening is that she got her teeth not fixed but whitened. I could never understand why the yellowness didn't bother her. Not sure though if that's what you're referring to.

In any case saw this movie last evening with 3 lady friends. I didn't choose the movie but there was nothing else playing we had any interest in or hadn't already seen. I didn't think it was horrible. Not going to win any awards either. There were a few funny moments and other times I found it draggy. The part where she has them all look in the mirror at themselves and not just look but REALLY look is an example of dragginess. Senior ticket 5 bucks so yeh I'd say it was okay enough to be worth 5 bucks. But if you don't see it, no big loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@prisrob 

@prisrob wrote:

This film is demeaning to seniors and an inane storyline.

what was Diane Keaton thinking?

They took it from real Seniors who have a club that does this cheerleading.  The oldest was 89.  It was on the news last week.  They all looked great.  I,m going  three miles now on the treadmill, then my bike for 5 miles.  If you don,t move it, you lose it.  I,'ll be 83 next month.  Can,t walk dog today, raining.  She is a senior also.