Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just loved her with Nicholson in Somethings Gotta Give, one of my all time faves. 

Am watching her right now as "Kay" in The Godfather.  She was perfect for this role.

Honored Contributor

Just  saw the review by Rex Reed. The headlines were -   Diane Keaton’s Senior Citizen Comedy ‘Poms’ Is About as Funny as a Colonoscopy

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just loved her with Nicholson in Somethings Gotta Give, one of my all time faves. 

@Shelbelle ...I've lost count of how many times I've watched this movie!...Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson are great together and two of my favorite actors!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Super Contributor

No interest in seeing this movie at all.

If I want to watch movies with a strong female cast, I'll watch The Joy Luck Club, Fried Green Tomatoes or Steel Magnolias.

Honored Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

Did you see her on Jimmy Kimble's show?  OMG!!!

@countrylady   Yes....it was so embarrassing to watch her act so crazy. 😳

Respected Contributor

My favorite Diane Keaton movie was "Manhattan Murder Mystery." She and Woody Allen were so engaging, so funny!

Valued Contributor

When she's on Ellen's show, Ellen teases her about drinking a lot of wine.  Ellen always has wine for her.

Honored Contributor
Sometimes the funny scenes they show in the trailers turn out to be the only ones there are. I think “Poms” seems to mock women of a certain age..and I don’t think mocking anyone is particularly funny....
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Anyone else remember Keaton in the 1960s - before she was famous - in the deodorant commercials? for Hour after Hour.

I certainly do....seems like it was only yesterday, not half a century ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0M2JbyDsJM

@Pearlee   I do not remember seeing this commercial ....I grew up in the 60’s.  

Honored Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

Did you see her on Jimmy Kimble's show?  OMG!!!

@countrylady  - Who is Jimmy Kimble?  Never heard of him.