Honored Contributor

Re: New Diane Keaton movie.

[ Edited ]

Anyone else remember Keaton in the 1960s - before she was famous - in the deodorant commercials? for Hour after Hour.

I certainly do....seems like it was only yesterday, not half a century ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0M2JbyDsJM

Super Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I feel like she plays the same character in every movie. 

I was about to say the same thing. I find her acting very one-dimensional.

Honored Contributor

@soxfan wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I feel like she plays the same character in every movie. 

I was about to say the same thing. I find her acting very one-dimensional.

In Annie Hall she was playing herself!  Her real name is Diane (Annie) Hall.

Honored Contributor

I just loved her with Nicholson in Somethings Gotta Give, one of my all time faves. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

This movie is based on some real life seniors who are Pom Pom girls. my local news showed the real life ladies in action....and they were really good.

i don't usually go to the movies.  We have been having problems with young people fighting at the theaters, especially the ones at the mall.  Last week a young girl shopping with her mother  got her leg broken by these fighting teens.

The police are having quite a time with controlling these mostly underage kids.

I wish the mall would ban unsupervised kids.  Their parents drop them off and leave.

I will wait until it comes out on DVD.  I like Diane Keaton movies and I am happy to support older actresses.

This is a picture of the Real Sun City Poms.

98BD69C7-DEB1-497C-9A86-DC8B0787A8A3.jpeg

@Carmie   I doubt if teens would be interested in going to see the movie.  When I go with a girlfriend It's in the early afternoon and I don't see any kids.

It is a shame though to hear about fighting teens.

Today's theaters are not single ones.  Most of ours have 7-9 theaters in the same building, so more than one movie is being shown at the same time. The Mall is full of kids waiting to get into the movies to see the Avangers:End Game. In fact, the movie is being shown in several theaters at the same time. It's always sold out

I don't do matinees.  I spend my afternoons helping two senior ladies, shopping for them, cleaning for them and taking them to hair and doctor appointments.  I also have to pick up my granddaughter after school every day and I volunteer at the local elementary school a few hours a week.

I will get to slow down a bit when school is out.  A couple of family members who are teachers will be off and be able to help out.  I plan to spend my free time on a boat and swimming in a lake.

Usually if I want to see a movie, I just buy the DVD.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

This movie is based on some real life seniors who are Pom Pom girls. my local news showed the real life ladies in action....and they were really good.

i don't usually go to the movies.  We have been having problems with young people fighting at the theaters, especially the ones at the mall.  Last week a young girl shopping with her mother  got her leg broken by these fighting teens.

The police are having quite a time with controlling these mostly underage kids.

I wish the mall would ban unsupervised kids.  Their parents drop them off and leave.

I will wait until it comes out on DVD.  I like Diane Keaton movies and I am happy to support older actresses.

This is a picture of the Real Sun City Poms.

98BD69C7-DEB1-497C-9A86-DC8B0787A8A3.jpeg

@Carmie , that group is so awesome !!!   here in florida we have a marching band (complete with a baton twirling section) called "the second time arounders" and it is comprised of seniors!   they really ROCK as they march down the street !! 

Esteemed Contributor

Diane Keaton is exactly one year older than I am. We have the same birthday. It seems to me that those of us who are women if a certain age are portrayed as foolish, horny, big mouths. I resent that so very much. I assume Ms Keaton did this film for the money. I bet she doesn’t get many scripts sent to her anymore. It’s sad that women age-out in Hollywood.

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy   We have a local dance troup called Vicki's Tap Pups.  They are all mature ladies and some men too.  Many of my friends belong to that group.  They seem to have a great time.

You can view them on YouTube. It's great that you don't have to give up your youthful activities when you get older.  It's wonderful to build friendships and stay in shape while having fun doing something you enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Diane Keaton is exactly one year older than I am. We have the same birthday. It seems to me that those of us who are women if a certain age are portrayed as foolish, horny, big mouths. I resent that so very much. I assume Ms Keaton did this film for the money. I bet she doesn’t get many scripts sent to her anymore. It’s sad that women age-out in Hollywood.

I agree.  There are so few roles for ladies of a certain age.  I see plenty of older men who are still actively working in films.

Even Meryl Streep has taken some pretty dumb roles.

Frequent Contributor

Wow!  Well said Chrystaltree.