Esteemed Contributor

Nope - never considered viewing the movie. Zero personal interest in cheerleading (I played sports) and guessed the movie would resort to lame senior jokes. I was going to say I'll try to keep an open mind but truly, I won't. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@prisrob wrote:

This film is demeaning to seniors and an inane storyline.

what was Diane Keaton thinking?

@prisrob   I can only assume she was thinking of $$$$$$$.  Because this film is way beneath her.  In fact, Angelica Huston recently said as much about Keaton being in this film.

Esteemed Contributor

@deeva  Thank you -- my bookclub went to see Bookclub (sans moi), but after seeing previews of lame senior and men jokes, I had zero interest. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@deeva  Thank you -- my bookclub went to see Bookclub (sans moi), but after seeing previews of lame senior and men jokes, I had zero interest. 

Ditto for me about book club.  IMO that too was beneath her.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel like she plays the same character in every movie. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I think Diane Keaton is at a stage in her life where she will make any type of movie just for a paycheck. Nothing in this movie or Book Club appeals to me.

might be true, and even though I won't see the film, can't argue with that logic, why turn down a job

Honored Contributor

do you think there are better roles on some TV series? for women

Valued Contributor

Did you see her on Jimmy Kimble's show?  OMG!!!

Honored Contributor

The previews just looked too stupid to me.  As others mentioned, it appear to be demeaning to women of a certain age.  I never had a desire to be a cheerleader and the movie looks like it will take (if it's anything like Book Club which was a disappointment) lots of tired cliches and will try to turn them into jokes which probably will fall flat.

The thing is, one can make some funny movies about being an older woman but I have yet to see one.

I might go see "Wine Country" which also looks a bit silly but at least there is nice scenery.  I went to Sonoma two summers ago and we had a lot of fun and drank a lot of wine!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

This movie is based on some real life seniors who are Pom Pom girls. my local news showed the real life ladies in action....and they were really good.

i don't usually go to the movies.  We have been having problems with young people fighting at the theaters, especially the ones at the mall.  Last week a young girl shopping with her mother  got her leg broken by these fighting teens.

The police are having quite a time with controlling these mostly underage kids.

I wish the mall would ban unsupervised kids.  Their parents drop them off and leave.

I will wait until it comes out on DVD.  I like Diane Keaton movies and I am happy to support older actresses.

This is a picture of the Real Sun City Poms.

98BD69C7-DEB1-497C-9A86-DC8B0787A8A3.jpeg

@Carmie   I doubt if teens would be interested in going to see the movie.  When I go with a girlfriend It's in the early afternoon and I don't see any kids.

It is a shame though to hear about fighting teens.