Respected Contributor

New Diane Keaton movie.

[ Edited ]

Are any of you planning to see DK's new movie "Poms"?     I enjoyed "Book Club" but I'm not sure if I will go the the theatre to see this one.    I'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix.   

From the previews shown on TV it looks like there are a few funny scenes but I wonder if it will be too silly.  

I've always loved most of the movies that starred Diane Keaton.   One of her least known movies but one that I can still watch to this day is "Baby Boom".    

I have the dvd and when I'm in the mood for a good laugh it's one of the movies that I always grab.

Honored Contributor

Not on my radar at all.  What happened to movies like Steel Magnolias?

Respected Contributor

i don't know.  my bff and i were planning on going, but then we remembered that we went to see Book Club and were underwhelmed.  i really don't know if we'll go or not.  maybe someone here will log on and say that it was HILARIOUS and it's a MUST SEE ...  (LOL)  

Esteemed Contributor

No, it just doesn’t look that appealing to me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

looks like a studio said we "need a movie with old broads" for old broads

just not appealing at all 

Regular Contributor

This film is demeaning to seniors and an inane storyline.

what was Diane Keaton thinking?

Esteemed Contributor

Movie looks terrible and not a fan of DK.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Diane Keaton movie.

[ Edited ]

This movie is based on some real life seniors who are Pom Pom girls. my local news showed the real life ladies in action....and they were really good.

i don't usually go to the movies.  We have been having problems with young people fighting at the theaters, especially the ones at the mall.  Last week a young girl shopping with her mother  got her leg broken by these fighting teens.

The police are having quite a time with controlling these mostly underage kids.

I wish the mall would ban unsupervised kids.  Their parents drop them off and leave.

I will wait until it comes out on DVD.  I like Diane Keaton movies and I am happy to support older actresses.

This is a picture of the Real Sun City Poms.

98BD69C7-DEB1-497C-9A86-DC8B0787A8A3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I'll pass.  I'm staring 60 in the face but I'm no one's one clown.  I saw the promos and it looks like another one of those movies that makes fun of women of a certain age.  It also puts us in a  "old, ugly and useless" box.   I've always liked Diane Keaton and her movies and this is not a knock on her.  It's knock on the movie industry that only sees my generation of women as the punchline to a joke.

Respected Contributor

I think Diane Keaton is at a stage in her life where she will make any type of movie just for a paycheck. Nothing in this movie or Book Club appeals to me.