Honored Contributor

Eh, I watched and it was all right and the show, as noted, has moments, but is in no danger of being great TV... I do wish the show had a more interesting supporing cast, overall... There are one or two, but most of them really don't add anything to the proceedings...  I also wish they'd quit trying so hard to pluck at the heart strings and introduce at least some level of 'realistic'... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

After a fabulous This is Us for a change, I watched New Amsterdam again. I like it, nothing else on I like at that time so its ok for me.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I'm still in, but will not be sad if it gets cancelled.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Count me in too!!  Max is so likeable.

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying the show so far.   I don't watch that many hospital dramas, but this year they seem to be popping up everywhere.  I watch this one, 9-1-1, and The Resident, and like all of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the minority, I love the show.  It is fast paced, good acting and definitely holds my interest.  As the saying goes, "To each his own."  Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I like Max, his doctor and the two older guys, but his wife, the shrink, the surgeon and the ER doctor don't do a thing for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

We finally watched it on DVR last night and its good. I can not figure out the connection between the hospital and Rikers Island. I do not think it is on site at the prison but treats patients in a prison wards.

The first show was a bit much to comprehend at once

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The episode in two weeks is about 6 donors.

That was a plot on another show. I want to say Pure Genius (lasted one season).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I like Max, his doctor and the two older guys, but his wife, the shrink, the surgeon and the ER doctor don't do a thing for me...

I'm with you, I think Max is great, don't care for his wife either, wish they had found someone else to play the part.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam