Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I watch tv to be entertained and to get away from the world's problems.  This show use to be one of my favorites but not so much anymore.  It's a medical show can we please keep it that way?  They are all going in this direction and it's getting old.

Me Too!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam tonight

[ Edited ]

I think it's time for Max to move on. He is more of an irritant than a medical director. I don't understand putting a mask on a 3 year old child. This show needs to be cancelled,  I çan only hope that hospitals don't operate this way. They keep shows that educate on social issues and cancel shows that don't follow suit. Time to move on to  be entertained not preached about the world.

Can you imagine turning your air conditioner off in your apartment when your child stated it was hot!!! This is just crazy.

Honored Contributor

I nixed this show after the first season. It isn't that I didn't feel the show had entertainment value but even then I could see where the focus of the show was going to be little more than a series of touchy-feely, oh so meaningful, socially 'relevant', Kubaya moments and quite frankly I've had just about enough...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I didn't even get past 10 minutes on this week's show. Deleted it and also deleted it from ever being recorded again. So sad, as I really enjoyed this program in the past.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I nixed this show after the first season. It isn't that I didn't feel the show had entertainment value but even then I could see where the focus of the show was going to be little more than a series of touchy-feely, oh so meaningful, socially 'relevant', Kubaya moments and quite frankly I've had just about enough...

I had a feeling from the beginning it would have an element of social messaging and I was prepared to drop it immediately.  I never have cared for the Max character, but for a while I did enjoy the side stories.  But now they've become too extreme for me too.

And I thought when they showed Max with his little daughter turning off his a/c was actually dangerous.  With the mentality of people today I can just imagine someone doing this in reality and having a disastrous outcome.  If this show wasn't on the "correct" side of the message movement, I'm sure that scene would never have been aired.

Esteemed Contributor
I mean worse than the AC….what about telling staff they’d get one box of gloves! Totally stupid even if we weren’t in the midst of a pandemic. I did enjoy this show at one time but now he’s ending global warming. Ridiculous storylines & poor medical advisers
Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@elated wrote:

How could a show that was so well written be turned around to be a comment on social injustices.  I am tired of good shows being destroyed. It is a sign of the times so I am going to adjust my viewing habits.

Last night they turned FBI Most Wanted into a political commentary. It was so disappointing. This is life going forward!!😠

Couldn't agree with you more.  We have turned off so many shows due to their social injustices and political commentary added into their storylines. Sick of all of it. We watch TV for entertainment, not to be lectured.

@arrabella   @elated 

The writers on ALL shows are using current events as storylines.   Maybe they think a serious condition or a secret romance would be too frivolous?  I don't know, but nothing I have seen lately could be called "lecturing".   Current events are not lectures.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

I feel it depends on what side you on as to wether it is considered a lecture.    Last nights episode was just stupid IMO.    First of all no gloves in a Hospital during a pandemic that is just plan crazy !!!!  I certainly wouldn't want to go to a hospital that would not be using gloves or God forbid using the same gloves on more then one patient !!!! N.  Then the clencher is turning off thevAC during a heat wave .   Your job is to be a dad and take care of your child and not worrying about what may  or may not happen in 2035!   Which I doubt will.    I for one will not be giving up our AC or steak or hamburgers this summer and certainly dont plan to drive an electric car,  Or ride  a bicycle .  I plan  to still drive my classic Mustang Thank you !

Ive taken it off my DVR list of recordings.  I'm done ,  I'm sure next week will be immigration or did they do that one already 😹😂🤔

Honored Contributor

Using 'current events' as the basis for story lines is not the same as agenda driven story lines designed to impart a message and with a focus on a specific point of view, rather than merely a focus on the alleged 'current event'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I wish they'd have Max go back to just being a dr. & not having some new "cause" every week.