Honored Contributor

I also dont care for Dr Shin, or his lack of chemistry with Helen, although he did bow out of her life very graciously. Didnt care for his harsh approach with Dr Reynolds. . 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam tonight

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to figure out what is up with Dr. Kapoor. Is he ill in real life? The. Store has too many things going on in a single episode. This is making the show become disjointed. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what is up with Dr. Kapoor. Is he ill in real life? The. Store has too many things going on in a single episode. This is making the show become disjointed. 

@Mindy D   I checked online and it indicates that Dr. Kapoor (Anupam Kher) went back to India last year and and is still there. 

He is working on several movies and other projects.  With all of that going on, it is doubtful that he will return to the series.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

tt

@Irish1210 wrote:

@Kitty Galore   Let's give it another episode or two and see if the storylines return to what we originally enjoyed : )

Stay safe Heart

@Irish1210  I agree with you and do plan to certainly give it time to see if it returns to the show we have enjoyed watching !  

😺

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It suits some to label it 'sad' and suits others to belittle those with a different opinion from their own by demeaning their intellect, suggesting what they might watch. Of course, the reality, like it or not, is that many people are clearly stating they have limits and that the extent to which this and related topics have been increasingly pursued by the media for the past several years is, in their view, overkill. I agree. No one is suggesting that media doesn't routinely do the whole 'ripped from the headlines' number and haven't done so for years, but there are very real differences in the frequency with which some topics are now broadcast and in the extent to which scripts are now being written to impart a message. Important messages will be lost when people begin to feel they're being bombarded.

@stevieb @Perfectly Put ,  my feelings exactly !!

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Taking those pictures down doesn't mean that wasn't the truth for that time.  By taking those pictures down, it expresses that those were bad people.  Why not leave them up and start another wall that says we can make a change.......from what was to what can be.  This whole cancel culture is such a knee jerk reaction, riling up violence where nothing good will come from it....just more divisions.  Look at this thread......

@tends2dogs wrote:

Taking those pictures down doesn't mean that wasn't the truth for that time.  By taking those pictures down, it expresses that those were bad people.  Why not leave them up and start another wall that says we can make a change.......from what was to what can be.  This whole cancel culture is such a knee jerk reaction, riling up violence where nothing good will come from it....just more divisions.  Look at this thread......

@tends2dogs   Wow your suggestion makes so much sense and is the best thing I've read concerning these topics.   Why not use as a learning tool rather then canceling everything someone deems  racist or offensive .  It is unproductive.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mindy D   I checked online and it indicates that Dr. Kapoor (Anupam Kher) went back to India last year and and is still there. 

He is working on several movies and other projects.  With all of that going on, it is doubtful that he will return to the series.

Sadly, i just read that his real life wife has been diagnosed with cancer, another reason he is not returning to the show now. 

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mersha 

Awwwwwww    I'm glad you checked but will miss him.  Maybe the actor will be able to come back to die (on the show)?  That would be good closure for a key character, and I bet the writers would give him a great send-off.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mersha 

Awwwwwww    I'm glad you checked but will miss him.  Maybe the actor will be able to come back to die (on the show)?  That would be good closure for a key character, and I bet the writers would give him a great send-off.

It probably alos depends on how his wife is doing since her cancer diagnosis, she has multiple myeloma. 

Esteemed Contributor

It  appears Dr. Kapoor is off the show. I will miss him. It is sad to see him go . Hopefully, his wife will get well.  The show is just off this season.