Esteemed Contributor

I like this show and have since the beginning,   Not crazy about this episode though it's trying to tie in events that have and are going on in the country.   I watch shows to take me away from the news and don't need social lecturing .   Reparations, throwing away photos , statues etc.     I know they are trying to reflect current issues ,  but I prefer to get away from it all for an hour ,  watch enough news as it is plus not everyone agrees ,  everyone has different political views.   Keep the show about medicine and relationships I say that is what has made the show great !   That's just my opinon.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more. Everything political is being rammed down our throats, in evry forum; sports, now tv episodes, & not everyone agrees with the "wokeness".

Honored Contributor

Most shows write in "current events" issues into their story lines.  No one is ramming anything down your throats.  If there is something you don't "agree with", so what?  No one is forcing you to do anything or change your life.

If you want NO current events, then go to TCM and watch movies from the 1940s or slightly after.  Oh wait, in the 1940s, we had WWII and Americans were the good guys and just about everyone else was the bad guys.  Can't get away from politics and real life.

Better yet ....  go to the Cartoon Channel if you want to avoid real life.    Or maybe Sesame Street is still airing somewhere.    Or read a book.  

Frequent Contributor

I agree with you.  It seems as though everything is becoming political and it's tiresome.   TV shows are entertainment, an escape.   And I do turn things off when they are super political.

TV shows, sports and now corporations are getting in on it.  It would be nice if some things were apolitical.

At least the Q is politics free!

Respected Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam tonight

[ Edited ]

I thought that "New Amsterdam" did a good job of shedding a light on systemic racism as it pertains to the medical profession in a hospital.

This issue needs to be discussed and absorbed or things will never change.

It is sad that some identify racism as being a political issue.

If one finds shows of this nature disturbing, there is a plethora of other things available.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the way we have been schooled in many TV shows. New Amsterdam used to be one of my favorite but this season seems off and boring. I wish it would go back to the original premise. Helen 's character is allover the place this season. Max has no direction. He seems like he is just hanging around stirring up trouble. Iggy is acting weird. The only characters I like are Bloom and Dr. Reynolds.

Trusted Contributor

@CathyNY wrote:

I agree with you.  It seems as though everything is becoming political and it's tiresome.   TV shows are entertainment, an escape.   And I do turn things off when they are super political.

TV shows, sports and now corporations are getting in on it.  It would be nice if some things were apolitical.

At least the Q is politics free!

Tell that to tinkbl144

Honored Contributor

Completely agree with @Kitty Galore . These shows won't stand the test of time. There are ways to be relevant without changing the emphasis from medicine and relationships. I turn away and rarely come back when the writers decide to preach rather than entertain.

Valued Contributor

Last nights episode makes me want to discontinue watching the series!!!! UGH!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam tonight

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore   

I couldn't agree wth you more!  I've been an avid viewer since the beginning and 1/2 way through last night I thought, why am I watching this?

Even the portion with Iggy and the children seemed odd and misplaced to me ~ this was such a random scenario........have we "met" these characters before?

Time to reevaluate my programming!

@Tinkrbl44    I'm sorry you feel the need to be so snarky with your remarks.  How ironic that you are mocking and belittling others' feelings.